info: unrecognized option `--index-search'

info: unrecognized option `--index-search'

Thomas Pasch-2
Hello,

octave-2.0.13 runs fine on my linux-pc-elf-glibc2 machine, but I've got
some problems with the help system. When I try something like:

> help -i help

I get the following:

info: unrecognized option `--index-search'
info: usage: [...]abbreviated here
error: help: unable to find info!

I'm using the normal GNU texinfo info program with octave (and hope that
this is right!)

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Thomas Pasch

info: unrecognized option `--index-search'

John W. Eaton-6
On 21-Aug-1998, Thomas Pasch <[hidden email]> wrote:

| octave-2.0.13 runs fine on my linux-pc-elf-glibc2 machine, but I've got
| some problems with the help system. When I try something like:
|
| > help -i help
|
| I get the following:
|
| info: unrecognized option `--index-search'
| info: usage: [...]abbreviated here
| error: help: unable to find info!

You need a newer version of the Info reader.

jwe