installation directories for external software

installation directories for external software

Shai Ayal-2
Hi all,

a new release of octplot is brewing. For this release I would like to
implement an install target for the makefile. The question is where to
install.

Octplot consists of the octplot application which is stand-alone, but
expects commands from octave. also, I have oct-files, m-files and some
data files (fonts).

The m & oct files should not be in the octave path normally so that
they do not conflict with builtins & gnuplot files.

I have a liking to the idea of creating an octplot directory somewhere
(possibly octplot & octave version dependant) and putting all of
octplot's files there. Uninstall would then be simple.

Does this look OK to you guys or maybe I'm missing something ?

Shai