is it only me ...

bpabbott
Administrator
Is savannah down?

http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/

-----------------
Internal Server Error

unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [no address given] and inform
them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done
that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error
log.

Apache/2.2.9 (Debian) DAV/2 SVN/1.5.1 mod_wsgi/2.3 Python/2.5.2 Server
at hg.savannah.gnu.org Port 80
-----------------

Ben

Re: is it only me ...

Bill Denney-5
Ben Abbott wrote:
> Is savannah down?
>
> http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/
It happens for me, too.  I don't have write access, but don't think that
should matter.

Have a good day,

Bill

is it only me ...

On 29-May-2009, Ben Abbott wrote:

| Is savannah down?
|
| http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/
|
| -----------------
| Internal Server Error
|
| The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was
| unable to complete your request.
|
| Please contact the server administrator, [no address given] and inform
| them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done
| that may have caused the error.
|
| More information about this error may be available in the server error
| log.
|
| Apache/2.2.9 (Debian) DAV/2 SVN/1.5.1 mod_wsgi/2.3 Python/2.5.2 Server
| at hg.savannah.gnu.org Port 80
| -----------------

Yes, unfortunately.  Here is a message I just received:

  Subject: [Savannah-announce] Savannah outage
  From: Sylvain Beucler <[hidden email]>
  To: [hidden email]
  Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 10:07:43 +0200

  Hi,

  Savannah experienced a filesystem corruption and is now halted.

  The FSF sysadmins (who have physical access to the hardware) are
  alerted and will investigate, and possibly restore from backup.

  To be safe, do not expect the service to be restored before 24h,
  although we'll do our best to do so :)

  The website, CVS/SVN/Git/Hg/Bzr, and the download area are affected.
  The mailing lists and webpages are not affected.

  --
  The Savannah Hackers

If this outage lasts for very long, we could try using an alternate
locate for the archive until it returns.

  http://velveeta.che.wisc.edu//hg/octave

is available, but I can't easily offer pushing to this archive.  But
we could get by with using this location for a while if people sent
changsets to me and I pushed them to this public location.  Or,
perhaps someone else could set up a public archive that we could push
to via https, and then set up accounts for the same people who have
commit access on savannah.  In any case, I hope service on savannah is
restored soon.

My personal archive that is synced with savannah, as well as the one
on velveeta.che.wisc.edu are both at the following revision:

  changeset:   9282:2ed8d2d92507
  tag:         tip
  user:        John W. Eaton <[hidden email]>
  date:        Thu May 28 07:22:59 2009 -0400
  summary:     load_path::do_files: avoid shadow warning from GCC

jwe