kronecker product

Colin Telmer
Given two matrices, what is the fastest way to do a kronecker product? In
case the idea is new, for A an (m x n) matrix and B a (p x q) matrix, the
Kronecker product of A and B us defined as the following (mp) x (nq)
matrix:

           | a11B a12B ... a1nB |
A kron B = | a21B a22B ... a2nB |
           |  .    .        .   |
           |  .    .        .   |
           |  .    .        .   |
           | am1B am2B ... amnB |

Thanks for any help in advance. Cheers, Colin.

--
          Colin R. Telmer, Institute of Intergovernmental Relations
            School of Policy Studies Building, Queen's University

Re: kronecker product

Colin Telmer
On Tue, 29 Jul 1997, Mike Low wrote:

> Here's Matlab's implementation of the kron function:
> Whether or not it's the fastest implementation, I don't know.

Dirk Laurie just pointed out to me that octave 2.0.9 now has a built in
kron operator. Should have checked. Thanks.

--
          Colin R. Telmer, Institute of Intergovernmental Relations
            School of Policy Studies Building, Queen's University
                     Kingston, Ontario, Canada, K7L-3N6
              (613)545-6000x4219   [hidden email]
           PGP Public Key at <URL:http://terrapin.econ.queensu.ca>

Re: kronecker product

John W. Eaton-6
On 29-Jul-1997, Mike Low <[hidden email]> wrote:

| Here's Matlab's implementation of the kron function:
| Whether or not it's the fastest implementation, I don't know.

Please don't post code that is not freely redistributable to the
Octave mailing lists.

I've deleted your message from the mailing list archive since I
believe it would be a violation of the MathWorks' copyright to leave
it there.

Re: kronecker product

Juan I. Arribas