linux-gpib_windows_10

engineeringexa
Hi,
I'm trying to use serial communication on windows 10.
When I try to "fake" linux-gpib on windows, the instruction:

$ grep "NI488CC  *[A-Za-z]" /usr/include/gpib/ib.h \
>   | sed "s/^.*NI488CC  *//" \
>   | sed "s/(.*$//" >> ${NI_DEF_FILE}

Produces the following error:
grep: /usr/include/gpib/ib.h: No such file or directory.

Does anyone can explain to me how to solve it.

Thank you for your availability.

Greetings.

Re: linux-gpib_windows_10

tmacchant
--- mauro_cavalier

> Hi,
> I'm trying to use serial communication on windows 10.
> When I try to "fake" linux-gpib on windows, the instruction:
>
> $ grep "NI488CC  *[A-Za-z]" /usr/include/gpib/ib.h \
> >   | sed "s/^.*NI488CC  *//" \
> >   | sed "s/(.*$//" >> ${NI_DEF_FILE}
>

> Produces the following error:
> grep: /usr/include/gpib/ib.h: No such file or directory.
>
> Does anyone can explain to me how to solve it.
>
> Thank you for your availability.
>
> Greetings.
>

> --

http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/GPIB-on-cygwin-tp4691879p4691915.html

will be help?

RE: linux-gpib_windows_10

jdonoghue

Message: 2
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2019 15:13:20 -0500 (CDT)
From: engineeringexa <[hidden email]>
To: [hidden email]
Subject: linux-gpib_windows_10

I'm trying to use serial communication on windows 10.
When I try to "fake" linux-gpib on windows, the instruction:

$ grep "NI488CC *[A-Za-z]" /usr/include/gpib/ib.h \

| sed "s/^.*NI488CC *//" \
| sed "s/(.*$//" >> ${NI_DEF_FILE}

Produces the following error:
grep: /usr/include/gpib/ib.h: No such file or directory.

Does anyone can explain to me how to solve it.

Thank you for your availability.

Greetings.

--------------------------------

I am assuming you are not using cygwin which where what the instructions were for.

I updated the script on the page to make it work also with the non Cygwin versions. You need to change the INSTALL_BASE variable as note in the updated script's comment.

R: linux-gpib_windows_10

engineeringexa

Hi,

thank you for your availability.

Unfortunately I’m already using cygwin environment, but it doesn’t work.

The gpib folder exists and it has got inside the ib.h file.

Thank you.

Inviato da Posta per Windows 10

I'm trying to use serial communication on windows 10.
When I try to "fake" linux-gpib on windows, the instruction:

$ grep "NI488CC *[A-Za-z]" /usr/include/gpib/ib.h \

| sed "s/^.*NI488CC *//" \
| sed "s/(.*$//" >> ${NI_DEF_FILE}

Produces the following error:
grep: /usr/include/gpib/ib.h: No such file or directory.

Does anyone can explain to me how to solve it.

Thank you for your availability.

Greetings.

--------------------------------

I am assuming you are not using cygwin which where what the instructions were for.

I updated the script on the page to make it work also with the non Cygwin versions. You need to change the INSTALL_BASE variable as note in the updated script's comment.

RE: linux-gpib_windows_10

John Donoghue-3

R: linux-gpib_windows_10

engineeringexa

Hi, thank you to all for your availability.

I finally succeded in creating the libgpib.a file.

I tried to launch the package installation in Octave 4.0.0 and I received the following warnings:

�R>> pkg install instrument-control-0.3.1.tar.gz

configure: WARNING: gpib/ib.h: present but cannot be compiled

configure: WARNING: gpib/ib.h:     check for missing prerequisite headers?

configure: WARNING: gpib/ib.h: see the Autoconf documentation

configure: WARNING: gpib/ib.h:     section "Present But Cannot Be Compiled"

configure: WARNING: gpib/ib.h: proceeding with the compiler's result

For information about changes from previous versions of the instrument-control package, run 'news instrument-control'.

Is there anything wrong in the procedure I followed.

Thank you very much, waiting for your precious answer.

Greetings.

Mauro Cavaliere

--------------------

Then in a terminal window what does the following command display?

echo ${NIEXTCCOMPILERSUPP}

if it is not set anything, you need to set it to the NI install directory
On mine that is C:\Program Files (x86)\National
Instruments\Shared\ExternalCompilerSupport\C\

Re: R: linux-gpib_windows_10

John Donoghue-3
On 3/16/19 7:01 PM, Mauro Cavaliere wrote:

Hi, thank you to all for your availability.

I finally succeded in creating the libgpib.a file.

I tried to launch the package installation in Octave 4.0.0 and I received the following warnings:

>> pkg install instrument-control-0.3.1.tar.gz

configure: WARNING: gpib/ib.h: present but cannot be compiled

configure: WARNING: gpib/ib.h:     check for missing prerequisite headers?

configure: WARNING: gpib/ib.h: see the Autoconf documentation

configure: WARNING: gpib/ib.h:     section "Present But Cannot Be Compiled"

configure: WARNING: gpib/ib.h: proceeding with the compiler's result

For information about changes from previous versions of the instrument-control package, run 'news instrument-control'.

Is there anything wrong in the procedure I followed.

Thank you very much, waiting for your precious answer.

Greetings.

Mauro Cavaliere

Inviato da Posta per Windows 10

Unfortunately I’m already using cygwin environment, but it doesn’t work.
The gpib folder exists and it has got inside the ib.h file.
Thank you.

Inviato da Posta per Windows 10

--------------------

Then in a terminal window what does the following command display?

echo ${NIEXTCCOMPILERSUPP}

if it is not set anything, you need to set it to the NI install directory
On mine that is C:\Program Files (x86)\National
Instruments\Shared\ExternalCompilerSupport\C\

How did you get ib.h installed ?, from output from the pkg install is indicating something isnt right with the file when checking if it can be used.

Running the install as:

pkg install -verbose instrument-control-0.3.1.tar.gz

May give an indication of whats wrong

R: R: linux-gpib_windows_10

engineeringexa

First of all thank you to all for availability and professionality.

Below I posted the log part that seems to be interesting about the warning I showed in the last e-mail.

checking gpib/ib.h usability... no

checking gpib/ib.h presence... yes

configure: WARNING: gpib/ib.h: present but cannot be compiled

configure: WARNING: gpib/ib.h:     check for missing prerequisite headers?

configure: WARNING: gpib/ib.h: see the Autoconf documentation

configure: WARNING: gpib/ib.h:     section "Present But Cannot Be Compiled"

configure: WARNING: gpib/ib.h: proceeding with the compiler's result

checking for gpib/ib.h... no

checking for rpcgen... no

checking visa/visa.h usability... no

checking visa/visa.h presence... no

checking for visa/visa.h... no

Furthermore, today I tried to open COM4 (I have to work with an Mbed Arm microcontroller).

But I failed.

Waiting for your answer, thank you.

Greetings.

Mauro Cavaliere

Inviato da Posta per Windows 10

On 3/16/19 7:01 PM, Mauro Cavaliere wrote:

Hi, thank you to all for your availability.

I finally succeded in creating the libgpib.a file.

I tried to launch the package installation in Octave 4.0.0 and I received the following warnings:

>> pkg install instrument-control-0.3.1.tar.gz

configure: WARNING: gpib/ib.h: present but cannot be compiled

configure: WARNING: gpib/ib.h:     check for missing prerequisite headers?

configure: WARNING: gpib/ib.h: see the Autoconf documentation

configure: WARNING: gpib/ib.h:     section "Present But Cannot Be Compiled"

configure: WARNING: gpib/ib.h: proceeding with the compiler's result

For information about changes from previous versions of the instrument-control package, run 'news instrument-control'.

Is there anything wrong in the procedure I followed.

Thank you very much, waiting for your precious answer.

Greetings.

Mauro Cavaliere

Inviato da Posta per Windows 10

Unfortunately I’m already using cygwin environment, but it doesn’t work.
The gpib folder exists and it has got inside the ib.h file.
Thank you.

Inviato da Posta per Windows 10

--------------------

Then in a terminal window what does the following command display?

echo ${NIEXTCCOMPILERSUPP}

if it is not set anything, you need to set it to the NI install directory
On mine that is C:\Program Files (x86)\National
Instruments\Shared\ExternalCompilerSupport\C\

How did you get ib.h installed ?, from output from the pkg install is indicating something isnt right with the file when checking if it can be used.

Running the install as:

pkg install -verbose instrument-control-0.3.1.tar.gz

May give an indication of whats wrong

in octave, with the instrument-control package loaded, what does the following command display:

instrhwinfo ('serial')

In addition can you provide the command you used to open the serial port ?

R: R: R: linux-gpib_windows_10

engineeringexa

Thank you,

Finally I succeded to read and, at moment, the warning seems do not affect anything.

Everything is perfectly working.

Congratulations to all for the relevance of the project.

Thank you for the precious suggestions.

Have a good evening.

Greetings.

Mauro Cavaliere