mesa-lib

HOPFGARTNER, PETER
     Congratulations, Istart to really like Octave!

     But last time I used MatLab I thought: with the Mesa OpenGL clone it
     should not be to hard to write flexible and powerfull 3D Graphics like
     the MatLab ones.

     I would like to work on this, but a REALLY have to work on my thesis
     until August.

     Mesa has the following advantages:
     * It is distributed under GPL
     * It does all the hidden line, hidden surface and perspective
     calculations, even the rendering with multiple light sources (remember
     Mathematica(TM) Graphics?)
     * It seems to be quite flexible and produces beautyfull output
     * It runs on most major platforms, Unix, NT, Win95, Mac, Amiga, ...

                               Peter Hopfgartner