mex and mysql

Martin Bleichner
Hello Everybody,

I have changed from Windos/Matlab to Linux/Octave now missing a feature.
I want to connect octave with mysql, I have seen that there have been
already some questions concerning this problem, but with not satisfying
solution yet. Unfortunately I am not able to write a C interface myself.
Is there a interface for mysql and ocatve available.

If not:

For matlab I have used mym http://itswww.epfl.ch/~maret/software.php. It is
available as a mex file, but I fail to install this.
I think that i do have to integrate this: octave/octave-forge/extra/mex. But
I do not now how to do that. Can give me somebody a short explanation?

Thanks a lot for you help.

martin

--
Bis zu 70% Ihrer Onlinekosten sparen: GMX SmartSurfer!
Kostenlos downloaden: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/smartsurfer

Re: mex and mysql

Paul Kienzle
If octave-forge is installed correctly on your system
(e.g., on Debian by selecting the octave-forge package),
then you should just be able to compile with the mex command.

The package you are referring to uses mex functions which
have not yet been written for Octave.  You may be able to
stub them out, reporting an error if they are called and
still have enough functionality that you can get what
you need done.

- Paul