mkoctfile and OpenMP

José Luis García Pallero
Hello:

I've observed in Octave 5.2.0 (I don't know if it was present in
previous versions) that mkocfile by default activates the OpenMP
compatibility. Which is the reason for this behavior instead of the
use of -fopenmp by the user as in gcc?

José Luis García Pallero
[hidden email]
(o<
/ / \
V_/_
Use Debian GNU/Linux and enjoy!

Re: mkoctfile and OpenMP

siko1056
On 5/9/20 10:09 PM, José Luis García Pallero wrote:
> Hello:
>
> I've observed in Octave 5.2.0 (I don't know if it was present in
> previous versions) that mkocfile by default activates the OpenMP
> compatibility. Which is the reason for this behavior instead of the
> use of -fopenmp by the user as in gcc?

mkoctfile is a wrapper for the system compiler (e.g. "gcc").

   mkoctfile -p CC
   gcc

Do you refer to the standard compiler flags of "mkoctfile", i.e., why is
"-fopenmp" set by default?

   mkoctfile -p ALL_CFLAGS
   -I/usr/include/octave-5.2.0/octave/..
-I/usr/include/octave-5.2.0/octave  -pthread -fopenmp -g -O2

Is there a reason not to use this flag by default?

Kai