mkoctfile (octave v4.2.1): Permission denied when ld.exe tries to access .oct file a second time.

mkoctfile (octave v4.2.1): Permission denied when ld.exe tries to access .oct file a second time.

shall689
This post was updated on .
Hello,

I can only run mkoctfile once per octave session.  If I try to run it again
in the same octave session, I get Permission denied when ld.exe tries to
access the .oct file.

What is causing this issue and how can I correct it.

I am using Octave version 4.2.1.

Thanks,
Stephen

Re: mkoctfile (octave v4.2.1): Permission denied when ld.exe tries to access .oct file

Mike Miller-4
On Wed, Jun 19, 2019 at 16:45:29 -0500, shall689 wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I can only run mkoctfile once per octave session.  If I try to run it again
> in the same octave session, I get Permission denied when ld.exe tries to
> access the .oct file.
>
> What is causing this issue and how can I correct it.

Are you on Windows? This looks like https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?45864

If the oct file defines only one function, then clear should work around
this.

Re: mkoctfile (octave v4.2.1): Permission denied when ld.exe tries to access .oct file a second time.

shall689
Fantastic..That works.

Thanks.