more FTGL configure trouble

Jonathan Stickel-5
I am also having FTGL configure trouble as reported by others on this
list.  I am using development sources pulled today on Mac OS X (10.4.11)
with FTGL (2.1.2) and freetype (2.3.7) installed by MacPorts.  The
relevant configure lines seem to be:

checking for freetype-config... /opt/local/bin/freetype-config
checking for FreeType -- version >= 9.0.3... yes
checking FTGL/ftgl.h usability... yes
checking FTGL/ftgl.h presence... yes
checking for FTGL/ftgl.h... yes
checking for FTGLTextureFont in -lftgl... no
configure: WARNING: "FTGL library not found. Native renderer will not
have on-screen text"
configure: WARNING:
configure: WARNING: I didn't find the necessary libraries to compile native
configure: WARNING: graphics. It isn't necessary to have native graphics
configure: WARNING: but you will have to use gnuplot or you won't be able
configure: WARNING: to use any of Octave's plotting commands

Since I haven't seen any resolution mentioned, nor does it seem that any
code to use FTGL has been written, my question is:  can I ignore this?
Will the other parts of the native graphics be compiled and work?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Re: more FTGL configure trouble

Shai Ayal-2
On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 7:25 PM, Jonathan Stickel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am also having FTGL configure trouble as reported by others on this list.
>  I am using development sources pulled today on Mac OS X (10.4.11) with FTGL
> (2.1.2) and freetype (2.3.7) installed by MacPorts.  The relevant configure
> lines seem to be:
>

> checking for freetype-config... /opt/local/bin/freetype-config
> checking for FreeType -- version >= 9.0.3... yes
> checking FTGL/ftgl.h usability... yes
> checking FTGL/ftgl.h presence... yes
> checking for FTGL/ftgl.h... yes
> checking for FTGLTextureFont in -lftgl... no
> configure: WARNING: "FTGL library not found. Native renderer will not have
> on-screen text"
> configure: WARNING:
> configure: WARNING: I didn't find the necessary libraries to compile native
> configure: WARNING: graphics. It isn't necessary to have native graphics
> configure: WARNING: but you will have to use gnuplot or you won't be able
> configure: WARNING: to use any of Octave's plotting commands
>

> Since I haven't seen any resolution mentioned, nor does it seem that any
> code to use FTGL has been written, my question is:  can I ignore this? Will
> the other parts of the native graphics be compiled and work?

yes you can ignore this, and yes native graphics should work

Shai