(no subject)

Mark Naylor
Hello Everyone,

I've been trying to use Octave recently for some calculations using very
large matrices. I'm getting the error message

error: memory exhausted -- trying to return to prompt

I know the system I'm using does have enough memory (be it real or virtual),
does anyone know a way of persuading octave to allow very large matrices
if the system allows?

Thanks in advanced.

regars

                                Mark.

Re: error: memory exhausted

Joao Cardoso-8

Hi,

This has hapened to me, and the problem was 'ulimit': I was not
allowed to use more than a certain amount of memory, either
real or virtual. The solution might be system dependent, try
first 'man ulimit', then your system admin.

Joao

--
Joao Cardoso, INESC  |  e-mail: [hidden email]
R. Jose Falcao 110   |  tel:    + 351 2 2094345