octave & RedHat5.0

Enrico Cavalli-2

First of all: I apologize for a misconfiguration of my procmailrc.
After I received the first two messages from this mailing list they
were bounced back to the sender. Now everything should be OK I hope.
I'm sorry for that junk fallen in your mailbox.

That was not a very good entry in the mailing-list :(

When compiling octave-2.0.11 under Linux RH5.0 I get this error:
In file included from help.cc
signalhandlers.h:103
conflicting types for 'char * sys_siglist[]'
/usr/include/signal.h:237 previous declaration as 'const char *const
const sys_siglist[32]'

Since I succesfully compiled octave (same version) under RH4.2, I was
wondering if the problem is given by the new glibc.

I also get many errors when compiling signalhandlers.cc (now I cannot
post the exact errors).

Hope someone can help me or tell about a FAQ.

Bye.

---
Enrico Cavalli <[hidden email]>
http://users.iol.it/ebcavalli/

octave & RedHat5.0

John W. Eaton-6
On 30-Mar-1998, Enrico Cavalli <[hidden email]> wrote:

| When compiling octave-2.0.11 under Linux RH5.0 I get this error:
| In file included from help.cc
| signalhandlers.h:103
| conflicting types for 'char * sys_siglist[]'
| /usr/include/signal.h:237 previous declaration as 'const char *const
| const sys_siglist[32]'
|
| Since I succesfully compiled octave (same version) under RH4.2, I was
| wondering if the problem is given by the new glibc.
|
| I also get many errors when compiling signalhandlers.cc (now I cannot
| post the exact errors).

If you get a lot of errors compiling sighandlers.cc on a Linux system,
chances are that something went wrong when you ran configure, and the
script didn't find things it should have.  For starters, it appears
that Octave's configure script didn't find sys_siglist on your
system.  Beyond that, I'm afraid you haven't supplied enough
information for anyone to give you much help.

jwe