octave-communicatinos-1.2.1 installaiton error

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

octave-communicatinos-1.2.1 installaiton error

ksjak
Hi All

I am trying to install package communication-1.2.1 with octave 5.1.0.  got
below error,

/make: *** [genqamdemod.oct] Error 1                                
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....                          
make: Entering directory `/tmp/oct-i3YwV4/communications-1.2.1/src'
/usr/local/octave/5.1.0/bin/mkoctfile-5.1.0 -DGALOIS_DISP_PRIVATES
__errcore__.cc -o __errcore__.oct
/usr/local/octave/5.1.0/bin/mkoctfile-5.1.0 -DGALOIS_DISP_PRIVATES
__gfweight__.cc -o __gfweight__.oct
/usr/local/octave/5.1.0/bin/mkoctfile-5.1.0 -DGALOIS_DISP_PRIVATES
cyclgen.cc -o cyclgen.oct          
/usr/local/octave/5.1.0/bin/mkoctfile-5.1.0 -DGALOIS_DISP_PRIVATES
cyclpoly.cc -o cyclpoly.oct        
/usr/local/octave/5.1.0/bin/mkoctfile-5.1.0 -DGALOIS_DISP_PRIVATES
genqamdemod.cc -o genqamdemod.oct  
/usr/local/octave/5.1.0/bin/mkoctfile-5.1.0 -DGALOIS_DISP_PRIVATES -c
galois-def.cc -o galois-def.o  
make: Leaving directory `/tmp/oct-i3YwV4/communications-1.2.1/src'                                    

pkg: error running `make' for the communications package.
error: called from                                      
    configure_make at line 99 column 9                  
    install at line 184 column 7                        
    pkg at line 441 column 9
/

I have tried the solution Kai recommended a year back,

  $ wget
https://octave.sourceforge.io/download.php?package=communications-1.2.1.tar.gz
-O communications-1.2.1.tar.gz
  $ tar -xf communications-1.2.1.tar.gz
  $ rm communications-1.2.1.tar.gz
  $ cd communications-1.2.1/
  $ patch -p1 < ../octave-4.4-all.patch
  $ cd ..
  $ tar -zcf communications-1.2.1.tar.gz communications-1.2.1
  $ rm -R communications-1.2.1

but that not helped.

then found,

 $ hg clone http://hg.code.sf.net/p/octave/communications
octave-communications
 $ cd octave-communications
 $ hg patch ../octave-4.4-all.patch
 $ make all
 $ make install
 
here i am not sure on how to do this, since i am downlaoding the tar ball of
each package and compiling it...

can anyone please help me here?

Thanks
ksjak



--
Sent from: https://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Octave-General-f1599825.html


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: octave-communicatinos-1.2.1 installaiton error

siko1056
On 11/13/19 9:13 PM, ksjak wrote:

> Hi All
>
> I am trying to install package communication-1.2.1 with octave 5.1.0.  got
> below error,
>
> [...]
>  
> here i am not sure on how to do this, since i am downlaoding the tar ball of
> each package and compiling it...
>
> can anyone please help me here?
>
> Thanks
> ksjak


Indeed, no updates for another year now [1].  I updated the build steps
on the bug tracker [2].  Great thanks to John Donoghue for constantly
providing new patches for this four years outdated package.

HTH,
Kai

[1] https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-octave/2018-10/msg00066.html
[2] https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/index.php?46521#comment32


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: octave-communicatinos-1.2.1 installaiton error

siko1056
> On Wed, Nov 13, 2019 at 7:01 PM Kai Torben Ohlhus <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     [...]
>
>     Indeed, no updates for another year now [1].  I updated the build
steps
>     on the bug tracker [2].  Great thanks to John Donoghue for constantly
>     providing new patches for this four years outdated package.
>
>     HTH,
>     Kai
>
>     [1]
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-octave/2018-10/msg00066.html
>     [2] https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/index.php?46521#comment32
>

On 11/18/19 8:28 PM, Jai Arun Kumar Sundaram wrote:

> Hi Kai,
>
> Still I am getting this error,
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> make: *** [genqamdemod.oct] Error 1
> make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
> make: Entering directory `/tmp/oct-JNS37R/communications-1.2.1/src'
> /usr/local/octave/5.1.0/bin/mkoctfile-5.1.0 -DGALOIS_DISP_PRIVATES
> __errcore__.cc -o __errcore__.oct
> /usr/local/octave/5.1.0/bin/mkoctfile-5.1.0 -DGALOIS_DISP_PRIVATES
> __gfweight__.cc -o __gfweight__.oct
> /usr/local/octave/5.1.0/bin/mkoctfile-5.1.0 -DGALOIS_DISP_PRIVATES
> cyclgen.cc -o cyclgen.oct
> /usr/local/octave/5.1.0/bin/mkoctfile-5.1.0 -DGALOIS_DISP_PRIVATES
> cyclpoly.cc -o cyclpoly.oct
> /usr/local/octave/5.1.0/bin/mkoctfile-5.1.0 -DGALOIS_DISP_PRIVATES
> genqamdemod.cc -o genqamdemod.oct
> /usr/local/octave/5.1.0/bin/mkoctfile-5.1.0 -DGALOIS_DISP_PRIVATES -c
> galois-def.cc -o galois-def.o
> make: Leaving directory `/tmp/oct-JNS37R/communications-1.2.1/src'
> pkg: error running `make' for the communications package.
> error: called from
>     configure_make at line 99 column 9
>     install at line 184 column 7
>     pkg at line 441 column 9
> octave:10> pkg list
> Package Name  | Version | Installation directory
> --------------+---------+-----------------------
>      control  |   3.1.0 |
> /usr/local/octave/5.1.0/share/octave/packages/control-3.1.0
>       signal  |   1.4.1 |
> /usr/local/octave/5.1.0/share/octave/packages/signal-1.4.1
> octave:11>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Any help is much appreciated...its been long time I am compiling it...
> Thanks
> Kjak
>

Please keep the mailing list in the CC, so others may benefit from our
conversation as well and answer at the bottom of the email
(bottom-posting [1]) to facilitate our conversation.

Did you do exactly what is written in [2]?  You experienced any errors?
 Please send us the (important portion) of the output of

   pkg install -verbose communications-1.2.1.tar.gz

alongside with information about your system and Octave version.  Type

   ver

inside Octave.

Best,
Kai

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style#Bottom-posting
[2] https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/index.php?46521#comment32