octave compilation with colamd

Jorge Barros de Abreu
Hi.

The octave/cvs compilation under slackware/PC/x86 say to me that:

configure: WARNING: COLAMD not found. This will result in some lack of
functionality for sparse matrices.
configure: WARNING: CCOLAMD not found. This will result in some lack of
functionality for sparse matrices.

but colamd directory is on the CVS:

octave/liboctave/COLAMD

Need something more for octave view colamd???????

Thanks.

--
Data Estelar 2453670.904086
http://www.solar.com.br/~ficmatin

Re: octave compilation with colamd

David Bateman-3
Jorge Barros de Abreu wrote:

>Hi.
>
>The octave/cvs compilation under slackware/PC/x86 say to me that:
>
>configure: WARNING: COLAMD not found. This will result in some lack of
>functionality for sparse matrices.
>configure: WARNING: CCOLAMD not found. This will result in some lack of
>functionality for sparse matrices.
>
>but colamd directory is on the CVS:
>
>octave/liboctave/COLAMD
>
>Need something more for octave view colamd???????
>
>Thanks.

COLAMD is an empty directory, as colamd was in octave briefly but John
decided it was better to keep it as an external package. CVS leaves
empty directories in the respository in this case (Another reason to
change ro subversion). I'll send you some SRPMs for the needed code offline.

D.

Motorola Labs - Paris                        +33 1 69 35 48 04 (Ph)
Parc Les Algorithmes, Commune de St Aubin    +33 1 69 35 77 01 (Fax)
91193 Gif-Sur-Yvette FRANCE

[x] General Business Information
[ ] Motorola Internal Use Only
[ ] Motorola Confidential Proprietary

Re: octave compilation with colamd

John W. Eaton-6
On 27-Oct-2005, David Bateman wrote:

| CVS leaves
| empty directories in the respository in this case (Another reason to
| change ro subversion).

Or use the -P option for cvs update to prune the empty directories.
Subversion has some features that are improvements over cvs, but I
don't see that this is really one of them.

Re: octave compilation with colamd

Josep Monés i Teixidor
On Thu, 2005-10-27 at 08:51 -0400, John W. Eaton wrote:
> Or use the -P option for cvs update to prune the empty directories.
> Subversion has some features that are improvements over cvs, but I
> don't see that this is really one of them.

But if you really need an empty directory to be created for some reason
(like build system needing it, or if you want to prepare a skeleton to
place files that everyone should follow) then you need to put a dummy
file in it, which is an ugly workaround.

Josep

On 27-Oct-2005, Josep Monés i Teixidor wrote:

| But if you really need an empty directory to be created for some reason
| (like build system needing it, or if you want to prepare a skeleton to
| place files that everyone should follow) then you need to put a dummy
| file in it, which is an ugly workaround.

Couldn't a build system create an empty directory if it does not
already exist?  Shouldn't the build system really only be creating
files outside a source directory anyway?  But, whatever.

Re: octave compilation with colamd

Stéfan van der Walt
On Thu, Oct 27, 2005 at 08:51:04AM -0400, John W. Eaton wrote:
> Or use the -P option for cvs update to prune the empty directories.
> Subversion has some features that are improvements over cvs, but I
> don't see that this is really one of them.

It's also nice not dragging the attic around...

Stéfan