octave for linux: can't see a vfat mount

octave for linux: can't see a vfat mount

Octave - General mailing list
I'm not able to see a vfat usb mounted under /media. Is this correct that
octave does not support this format under linux? Couldn't find any statement
to that effect anywhere, seems like a grey area.

Re: octave for linux: can't see a vfat mount

phofman

Dne 16. 04. 20 v 18:39 jb via Help-octave napsal(a):
> I'm not able to see a vfat usb mounted under /media. Is this correct that
> octave does not support this format under linux?

Octave is accessing filesystem abstraction API (POSIX) common for all
mounted filesystems, it does not care about the actual type of filesystem.

Pavel.

Re: octave for linux: can't see a vfat mount

Octave - General mailing list
Thanks that's sort of what I guessed; must be something simple I'm missing.
Not a permission error of course.

Dne 16. 04. 20 v 19:41 jb via Help-octave napsal(a):
> Thanks that's sort of what I guessed; must be something simple I'm missing.
> Not a permission error of course.
Path, permissions, filename encoding...

Re: octave for linux: can't see a vfat mount

Octave - General mailing list
Hmm I think it is possibly a snap octave thing. I can dir('/media') like any
other path in octave 4.4.1. It only doesn't work in octave 5.2.0 snap. So on
top of that, I am now seeing that xlsread fails in the snap octave with a
can't find /usr/bin/unzip, while it works correctly in 4.4.1. I am
completely new to snap, have been using the snap octave for just the past
week. Everything seemed fine until these two issues today. Well, it's no
trouble to switch back to 4.4.1.

https://www.filebot.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5139

Re: octave for linux: can't see a vfat mount

Octave - General mailing list

Re: octave for linux: can't see a vfat mount

Octave - General mailing list
After a little more reading, looks like I'll be building 5.2 myself. Now that
I've seen 5.2 don't want to go back after all. But snap just isn't the right
solution for me.