[octave-forge] octave-fixed package in need of work

[octave-forge] octave-fixed package in need of work

Octave - Maintainers mailing list
Hello,

The octave-fixed package at the link below was originally submitted by David
Bateman back in 2004.
https://sourceforge.net/p/octave/fixed/ci/default/tree/src/
<https://sourceforge.net/p/octave/fixed/ci/default/tree/src/>

It was (and has the potential to be) a real gem for engineers such as myself
for testing DSP filter implementations. However, I suppose that is a niche
community and the octave-fixed package has fallen by the wayside.

While I am a, perhaps, reasonable C programmer, having looked at the code I
don't think I have the skillset to update the package so that it can be
built for current Octave. It probably needs some good knowledge of
octave-core also.

If someone was willing to assess the work involved and estimate a cost we
could perhaps make an arrangement to bring this package up to date.

Would anyone have the time to look at it?

Regards,
Kevin

--
Sent from: https://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Octave-Maintainers-f1638794.html