octave/gnuplot default plot window size

Mike Blatchley
Is there any way to control the plot _window_ size?  I tried "set size
0.5", but the window came up full size with the plot inside the window at
0.5 size.  I'm wanting the entire plot window reduced in size.

I am running the beta versions of Octave and gnuplot.

Thanks,

Mike

octave/gnuplot default plot window size

John W. Eaton-6
On 14-Nov-1996, Mike Blatchley <[hidden email]> wrote:

: Is there any way to control the plot _window_ size?  I tried "set size
: 0.5", but the window came up full size with the plot inside the window at
: 0.5 size.  I'm wanting the entire plot window reduced in size.
:
: I am running the beta versions of Octave and gnuplot.

I don't know of a good way other than by using X resources or the
gnuplot command line.  Something like this

  octave:13> gnuplot_binary = "gnuplot -geometry 300x200"

should work if it is set before any other plotting commands are
issued.

I don't know of a way to change the size of an existing plot other
than by resizing with the mouse or some other window manager command.

jwe