octave loading script file?

G. B|rger
Hi octave,

maybe I've overlooked something. But it doesn't seem possible to save
some section of history to a file (e.g. "save_history 2 10 'hst.oct'",
edit 'hst.oct' externally, and then load it back into octave.

This feature would be very helpful for me.

        Gerd

octave loading script file?

John W. Eaton-6
On  6-Oct-1997, Dr. G. Buerger <[hidden email]> wrote:

| maybe I've overlooked something. But it doesn't seem possible to save
| some section of history to a file (e.g. "save_history 2 10 'hst.oct'",
| edit 'hst.oct' externally, and then load it back into octave.

What about the edit_history command?  I believe it handles all of this
in one command.

octave loading script file?

Dr. G. Buerger-2
John W. Eaton writes:
   >What about the edit_history command?  I believe it handles all of this
   >in one command.
   >
   >jwe

John, I like to edit using xemacs, which takes about 15 seconds to
launch. What I have in mind is a permanent way of editing and running
octave scripts, which is not what 'edit_history' does.

        Gerd

Re: octave loading script file?

Martin Holz-2
"Dr. G. Buerger" <[hidden email]> writes:
> John, I like to edit using xemacs, which takes about 15 seconds to
> launch. What I have in mind is a permanent way of editing and running
> octave scripts, which is not what 'edit_history' does.

I missed the start of the thread, but gnuclient should help you
to speed up launching of xemacs.

Martin

Re:octave loading script file?

Craig Earls-2
Dr. G. Buerger writes:
>>John W. Eaton writes:
>>   >What about the edit_history command?  I believe it handles all of this
>>   >in one command.
>>   >
>>   >jwe
>>
>>John, I like to edit using xemacs, which takes about 15 seconds to
>>launch. What I have in mind is a permanent way of editing and running
>>octave scripts, which is not what 'edit_history' does.

Have to explored the Emacs octave modes? They allow you to do very
much like you are asking.

Craig P Earls                                 [hidden email]
LT US Navy, MIT Ocean Engineering             [hidden email]

Re:octave loading script file?

Dr. G. Buerger-2
Hi octave,

this is a little outdated, but it still troubles me.

Craig Earls writes:

   >Have to explored the Emacs octave modes? They allow you to do very
   >much like you are asking.

I don't succeed getting this to work. Neither on my home linux system
(running xemacs 19.13) nor on my office aix mashine (with xemacs
20.2). When issuing 'run-octave' emacs just hangs until I do a ^G.

Any help?

        Gerd