octave-mode

Heber Farnsworth-2
Hi all,
        I've been trying to use the emacs octave mode for writing my m-files but
it doesn't seem to be working the way it should.  On lines which should be
indented I expected that by pressing TAB it would automatically indent as it
does in other language modes.  Instead I get the following message

        Symbol's function definition is void:  indent-line-to

I expect that the problem lies in my .emacs file or something.  I've included it
below.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks
Heber

_____________________________________.emacs___________________________________
(require 'tex-site)
(if window-system
    (require 'hilit-LaTeX))

(defun my-LaTeX-mode-hook ()
  (require 'bib-cite)
   (turn-on-auto-fill))
(add-hook 'LaTeX-mode-hook 'my-LaTeX-mode-hook)

(autoload 'octave-mode "octave-mod" nil t)
(setq auto-mode-alist
      (cons '("\\.m$" . octave-mode) auto-mode-alist))
(add-hook 'octave-mode-hook
          (lambda ()
            (abbrev-mode 1)
            (auto-fill-mode 1)