octave sockets package

Michael Poroger
Hello,

Is there some documentation on the usage of this package?

Regards
-----------------------------
Michael Poroger

"Science is not only knowledge, science is also to be dare"
Shimon Peres

Re: octave sockets package

Andreas Weber-6
Hi Michael,

Am 16.01.21 um 09:16 schrieb Michael Poroger:
> Is there some documentation on the usage of this package?

Only the documentation of the functions accessible thru "help" or here:
https://octave.sourceforge.io/sockets/overview.html

Perhaps you will find this test helpful:
https://github.com/gnu-octave/octave-sockets-enh/blob/master/src/test_socket

which shows how to create a server and a client.
Btw, the instrument-control also has TCP
https://octave.sourceforge.io/instrument-control/package_doc/Basic-TCP.html

-- Andy

Re: octave sockets package

Michael Poroger
Andy,

Thank you for your reply.

Actually I need UDP and multicast rather than TCP.