octave terminal qt instead of gnuplot.

crfalc
I Octave 4.0.0 installed on a server. How do I use QT instead of Gnuplot command terminal ?

Re: octave terminal qt instead of gnuplot.

vicnorton

> On Mar 23, 2016, at 10:05 AM, crfalc <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I Octave 4.0.0 installed on a server. How do I use QT instead of Gnuplot
> command terminal ?

setenv GNUTERM qt;

Re: octave terminal qt instead of gnuplot.

bpabbott
> On Mar 23, 2016, at 10:05 AM, crfalc <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I Octave 4.0.0 installed on a server. How do I use QT instead of Gnuplot
> command terminal ?

I assume you want to run the GUI?

        octave --force-gui

Then from Octave’s prompt

        graphics_toolkit qt
        close all
        plot (rand (3))

Ben

Re: octave terminal qt instead of gnuplot.

Santiago Higuera-2
I tested, and goes fine, but now, how can I restore the old situation?

thanks

Santiago

El mié, 23-03-2016 a las 21:32 -0400, Ben Abbott escribió:

> > On Mar 23, 2016, at 10:05 AM, crfalc <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > I Octave 4.0.0 installed on a server. How do I use QT instead of
> > Gnuplot
> > command terminal ?
>
> I assume you want to run the GUI?
>
> octave --force-gui
>
> Then from Octave’s prompt
>
> graphics_toolkit qt
> close all
> plot (rand (3))
>
> Ben

Re: octave terminal qt instead of gnuplot.

karl
RTFM:

15.4.7 Graphics Toolkits

I tested, and goes fine, but now, how can I restore the old situation?

thanks

Santiago

El mié, 23-03-2016 a las 21:32 -0400, Ben Abbott escribió:
On Mar 23, 2016, at 10:05 AM, crfalc [hidden email] wrote:

I Octave 4.0.0 installed on a server. How do I use QT instead of
Gnuplot
command terminal ?
I assume you want to run the GUI?

	octave --force-gui

Then from Octave’s prompt

	graphics_toolkit qt
	close all
	plot (rand (3))

Ben

Re: octave terminal qt instead of gnuplot.

Santiago Higuera-2
Sorry, I'll do

El jue, 24-03-2016 a las 09:46 +0100, karl escribió:

> RTFM:
>
> 15.4.7 Graphics Toolkits
>

> > I tested, and goes fine, but now, how can I restore the old
> > situation?
> >
> > thanks
> >
> > Santiago

> > > I assume you want to run the GUI?
> > >
> > > octave --force-gui
> > >
> > > Then from Octave’s prompt
> > >
> > > graphics_toolkit qt
> > > close all
> > > plot (rand (3))
> > >
> > > Ben

Re: octave terminal qt instead of gnuplot.

crfalc
it seems that the terminal can only use gnuplot.

available_graphics_toolkits
ans =
{
  [1,1] = gnuplot
}

My Octave is installed on a server without graphical interface.

Re: octave terminal qt instead of gnuplot.

Mike Miller-4
On Thu, Mar 24, 2016 at 04:08:42 -0700, crfalc wrote:

> it seems that the terminal can only use gnuplot.
>

> available_graphics_toolkits
> ans =
> {
>   [1,1] = gnuplot
> }
>
> My Octave is installed on a server without graphical interface.

If you want to use the "qt" or "fltk" graphics toolkits in Octave, you
need an X display server. I assume you're connecting to your server with
SSH. Try using X over SSH or run a VNC on your server. Or if you don't
care about interactivity or viewing the plots, try Xvfb, that works for
me.

Re: octave terminal qt instead of gnuplot.

crfalc
Hello Mike.
I have Octave installed on a server without graphic environment. When plot a graph, gnuplot internally generates the graph and save it in PNG image for display in a browser.

I would like to replace the gnuplot for other graphic toolkit (qt or fltk).
How to configure this in Octave ?

Re: octave terminal qt instead of gnuplot.

crfalc
I installed Xvfb and go it use another graphics toolkit:

$ Xvfb :5 -screen 0 800x600x24 &

$ echo 'graphics_toolkit ("fltk"); plot (randn (10, 1)); print -dpng
test.png' | DISPLAY=:5 octave –q

It is to do the same commands from the Octave prompt ?

Thank you.

Re: octave terminal qt instead of gnuplot.

marco atzeri-2

On 24/03/2016 21:12, crfalc wrote:

> I installed Xvfb and go it use another graphics toolkit:
>
> $ Xvfb :5 -screen 0 800x600x24 &
>
> $ echo 'graphics_toolkit ("fltk"); plot (randn (10, 1)); print -dpng
> test.png' | DISPLAY=:5 octave –q
>
> It is to do the same commands from the Octave prompt ?
>
> Thank you.

you can skip the echo with --eval

DISPLAY=:5 octave --eval  'graphics_toolkit ("fltk"); plot (randn (10,
1)); print -dpng test.png'

Regards
Marco