octave workplace problem

Mohamed IBrahim
Hello Octave Team

I'm physics student , I study now matlab course and I'm using Octave
I'm the only person who use octave because it is more suitable for me
but there are annoying problem that I couldn't open workplace variables to be shown as matlab
Im using windows version , windows 8.1

is this is a bug or this is a problem with me

Regards

Mohamed IBrahim
Undergraduate Student
University of Science and Technology
Zewail City
Sheikh Zayed District, 12588
6th of October City, Giza, Egypt
+20-01096430135

Re: octave workplace problem

Doug Stewart-4

On Mon, Dec 8, 2014 at 5:11 PM, Mohamed IBrahim <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello Octave Team

I'm physics student , I study now matlab course and I'm using Octave
I'm the only person who use octave because it is more suitable for me
but there are annoying problem that I couldn't open workplace variables to be shown as matlab
Im using windows version , windows 8.1

is this is a bug or this is a problem with me

I don't understand what you want to do.
 To tell me that it is not the same a matlab does not help because I don't have matlab.

--
DASCertificate for 206392

Re: octave workplace problem

siko1056
In MATLAB one can open by double click a window with the content of a workspace variable in an Excel-like table fashion. AFAIK, this feature does not exist in Octave yet. To inspect the content of a workspace try command line commands like "whos" [1] or print out the content of a variable by simply type in its name and hit enter.

HTH, Kai

[1] https://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Status-of-Variables.html#XREFwhos

Re: octave workplace problem

vinukn