ode15 and dldfcn directory

Bill Greene-3
I would like to do some work on ode15[is]. I know that the oct file is currently
built inĀ libinterp/dldfcn fromĀ __ode15__.cc. It appears that all the modules in
this directory are built from a single .cc file. Is it possible to configure a module
to be built from more than one source file in this directory?

Thanks,

Bill Greene

Re: ode15 and dldfcn directory

Carlo de Falco-2
Hi,

> Il giorno 19 set 2019, alle ore 14:30, Bill Greene <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
>
> I would like to do some work on ode15[is].

You are very welcome to do so, there is much that needs to be done there!

In particular, the ugliest of all hacks in __ode15__.cc is marked as FIXME here :

  http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/file/cc7ab4ce0194/libinterp/dldfcn/__ode15__.cc#l394

It would be really grat if you could actually fix it!

> I know that the oct file is currently
> built in libinterp/dldfcn from __ode15__.cc. It appears that all the modules in
> this directory are built from a single .cc file. Is it possible to configure a module
> to be built from more than one source file in this directory?

It would in principle be possible, but it looks very hard to set it up, the way files
in that directory are compiled is set in the file

  /libinterp/dldfcn/module.mk

which is auto-generated by this script

  http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/file/cc7ab4ce0194/libinterp/dldfcn/config-module.awk

so that is where you would need to make changes ...

> Thanks,
>
> Bill Greene

c.