oregonator prints %.-1e

Jeff Mason-2
I recently installed octave 2.0.5 on Linux - the interpreter
works fine but when I make the oct-file example oregonator.oct
it prints the following when run:

octave:1> oregonator([1,2,3],0)
ans =

   %.-1e
   %.-1e
   %.-1e

octave:2>

removing the .oct file and running the .m file gives the right answer.

Does anyone recognize this problem? I am also trying to use the octave
libraries but whenever I link against libf2c I get the link error:

/usr/lib/libf2c.so: undefined reference to 'MAIN__'

I get this *any* time I link to that lib, by adding -lf2c to a gcc
command to compile a typical hello.c for instance. Can anyone tell me
what I need to do here?

Thanks -- Jeff

Jeff Mason               |     Radar Analysis Dept.
Mail Stop 0537           |     Dept. Number 2344
Sandia National Labs     |     [hidden email]
PO Box 5800              |     phone (505) 845-8565
Albuquerque, NM 87106    |     FAX (505) 845-9888

oregonator prints %.-1e

John W. Eaton-6
On  7-May-1997, Jeff Mason <[hidden email]> wrote:

| I recently installed octave 2.0.5 on Linux - the interpreter
| works fine but when I make the oct-file example oregonator.oct
| it prints the following when run:
|
| octave:1> oregonator([1,2,3],0)
| ans =
|
|    %.-1e
|    %.-1e
|    %.-1e
|
| octave:2>
|
| removing the .oct file and running the .m file gives the right answer.
|
| Does anyone recognize this problem?

Did you use --enable-shared when you configured octave?  I seem to
remember seeing this problem when I used dynamic linking on a Linux
system without shared versions of the Octave libraries.

| I am also trying to use the octave
| libraries but whenever I link against libf2c I get the link error:
|
| /usr/lib/libf2c.so: undefined reference to 'MAIN__'
|
| I get this *any* time I link to that lib, by adding -lf2c to a gcc
| command to compile a typical hello.c for instance. Can anyone tell me
| what I need to do here?

Pass -u MAIN__ to gcc when you are linking.

jwe