overideing input

ian reinhart geiser
Greetings
Is is possible to override a builtin function like "input"?  I tried to
make my own binding in my app that had a function called input, but it
doesn't seem to call it.

Any hints on this?

Cheers
   -ian reinhart geiser

Re: overideing input

Dirk Eddelbuettel
On Wed, Oct 06, 2004 at 11:32:23PM -0400, Ian Reinhart Geiser wrote:
> Greetings
> Is is possible to override a builtin function like "input"?  I tried to
> make my own binding in my app that had a function called input, but it
> doesn't seem to call it.
>
> Any hints on this?

IIRC Paul's dispatch function in octave-forge allows that. Haven't used it
myself, though. Google for 'dispatch site:octave.org' and you'll find a
bunch of old posts on it.

Hth, Dirk

--
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
                                                -- Groucho Marx