physicalconstants-1.0.0

Dmitry Roshchin
physicalconstants-1.0.0 source archive now contains directory "physical-
constants", not "physicalconstants". Please, use one variant of package name,
it breaks our octave-forge update scrips.

Re: physicalconstants-1.0.0

Juan Pablo Carbajal-2
On Sat, Oct 20, 2012 at 8:52 AM, Dmitry Roshchin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> physicalconstants-1.0.0 source archive now contains directory "physical-
> constants", not "physicalconstants". Please, use one variant of package name,
> it breaks our octave-forge update scrips.

Dmitry,

physical constants was deprecated and merged into miscellaneous. It
shouldn't be packaged anymore
http://octave.sourceforge.net/physicalconstants/overview.html

Does this solve your problem?

Re: physicalconstants-1.0.0

Carnë Draug-2
On 20 October 2012 07:52, Dmitry Roshchin <[hidden email]> wrote:
> physicalconstants-1.0.0 source archive now contains directory "physical-
> constants", not "physicalconstants". Please, use one variant of package name,
> it breaks our octave-forge update scrips.

Hi Dmitry

we can try to do this but pkg accepts it with no problem so it seems
it's a bug in your update scripts. The last version nof this package
even had the version number on the directory inside. That doesn't
happen anymore for example.

Anyway, this package has been removed. You will notice that
physical-constants is completely empty and only dependent on
miscellaneous. I'd recommend you remove it.

Carnë

Re: physicalconstants-1.0.0

Carnë Draug-2
On 22 October 2012 16:10, Claudio Freire <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 11:54 AM, Carnë Draug <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Anyway, this package has been removed. You will notice that
>> physical-constants is completely empty and only dependent on
>> miscellaneous. I'd recommend you remove it.
>
> We generate rpm dependencies from octave-forge's package information,
> so until all packages stop referring to physicalconstants I don't
> think we can drop the package. However, I've done a quick grep, and I
> don't find any mention to physical-constants. Have all packages been
> updated to refer directly to misc already?

No package was dependent on the physicalconstants packages, none
should be referring it. The new release, empty but dependent on
miscellaneous is just to prevent problems in case people had scripts
that load it. Now that I think about it, should have made a PKG_ADD
script to warn the user when loading the package. Please note that the
same is true for the combinatorics and time package.

Carnë

Re: physicalconstants-1.0.0

Claudio Freire
On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 8:35 PM, Carnë Draug <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> We generate rpm dependencies from octave-forge's package information,
>> so until all packages stop referring to physicalconstants I don't
>> think we can drop the package. However, I've done a quick grep, and I
>> don't find any mention to physical-constants. Have all packages been
>> updated to refer directly to misc already?
>
> No package was dependent on the physicalconstants packages, none
> should be referring it. The new release, empty but dependent on
> miscellaneous is just to prevent problems in case people had scripts
> that load it. Now that I think about it, should have made a PKG_ADD
> script to warn the user when loading the package. Please note that the
> same is true for the combinatorics and time package.

Good to know... will blacklist them then. Thanks.