pkg cannot install signal 1.4.1 RC

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

pkg cannot install signal 1.4.1 RC

Colin Macdonald-2
(replying to [hidden email]...)

On 2019-03-24 2:36 p.m., Malcolm Clarke wrote:

> What am I doing wrong
>
>  >> pkg install signal-1.4.1.tar.gz
> unpack: unarchiving program exited with status: -1073741515
> error: called from
>      unpack at line 274 column 5
>      untar at line 48 column 5
>      install at line 81 column 9
>      pkg at line 441 column 9
>  >>
>
>
> I downloaded from here
>
> https://sourceforge.net/p/octave/package-releases/_discuss/thread/63336d9c1a/3b68/attachment/signal-1.4.1.tar.gz 

Others,

`pkg install -forge signal` seems to give the same or similar error for
Malcolm.

Malcolm,

What does `pkg install -forge doctest` say?  The very large error number
is bit odd.  What OS, what Octave version etc?  Have you tried with
Octave 5.1.0?

Colin


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: pkg cannot install signal 1.4.1 RC

Malcolm Clarke
Dear Colin

I am using 5.1.0. I receive the same error for doctest.

Regards

Malcolm

 >> pkg install -forge doctest
unpack: unarchiving program exited with status: -1073741515
error: called from
     unpack at line 274 column 5
     untar at line 48 column 5
     install at line 81 column 9
     pkg at line 441 column 9
 >>

On 24/03/2019 23:28, Colin Macdonald wrote:

> (replying to [hidden email]...)
>
> On 2019-03-24 2:36 p.m., Malcolm Clarke wrote:
>> What am I doing wrong
>>
>>  >> pkg install signal-1.4.1.tar.gz
>> unpack: unarchiving program exited with status: -1073741515
>> error: called from
>>      unpack at line 274 column 5
>>      untar at line 48 column 5
>>      install at line 81 column 9
>>      pkg at line 441 column 9
>>  >>
>>
>>
>> I downloaded from here
>>
>> https://sourceforge.net/p/octave/package-releases/_discuss/thread/63336d9c1a/3b68/attachment/signal-1.4.1.tar.gz 
>
>
> Others,
>
> `pkg install -forge signal` seems to give the same or similar error
> for Malcolm.
>
> Malcolm,
>
> What does `pkg install -forge doctest` say?  The very large error
> number is bit odd.  What OS, what Octave version etc?  Have you tried
> with Octave 5.1.0?
>
> Colin
>


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: pkg cannot install signal 1.4.1 RC

Colin Macdonald-2
On 2019-03-24 7:57 p.m., Malcolm Clarke wrote:
>>>  >> pkg install signal-1.4.1.tar.gz
>>> unpack: unarchiving program exited with status: -1073741515
>>> error: called from
>>>      unpack at line 274 column 5
>>>      untar at line 48 column 5
>>>      install at line 81 column 9
>>>      pkg at line 441 column 9
 >
 > I am using 5.1.0. I receive the same error for doctest.

What OS?  Did you have this problem with Octave 4.4.1?

Maybe its some kind of permissions problem with the temporary directory
where it tries to unpack...  But I really don't know.  Maybe someone
else can offer some advice.

Colin


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: pkg cannot install signal 1.4.1 RC

Malcolm Clarke
Dear Colin

I have only recently come to Octave and so I have only used the latest
version, 5.1.0. I am using Windows 7. I am installing with
administrative rights so permissions ought not to be a problem.

Regards

Malcolm


On 25/03/2019 05:19, Colin Macdonald wrote:

> On 2019-03-24 7:57 p.m., Malcolm Clarke wrote:
>>>>  >> pkg install signal-1.4.1.tar.gz
>>>> unpack: unarchiving program exited with status: -1073741515
>>>> error: called from
>>>>      unpack at line 274 column 5
>>>>      untar at line 48 column 5
>>>>      install at line 81 column 9
>>>>      pkg at line 441 column 9
> >
> > I am using 5.1.0. I receive the same error for doctest.
>
> What OS?  Did you have this problem with Octave 4.4.1?
>
> Maybe its some kind of permissions problem with the temporary
> directory where it tries to unpack...  But I really don't know. Maybe
> someone else can offer some advice.
>
> Colin
>


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: pkg cannot install signal 1.4.1 RC

nrjank
1 -sorry, left the help list off the reply.

2 - correction - install-forge is obviously still pulling 1.4.0.  

On Mon, Mar 25, 2019 at 11:10 AM Nicholas Jankowski <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Mon, Mar 25, 2019 at 11:02 AM Malcolm Clarke <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear Colin

I have only recently come to Octave and so I have only used the latest
version, 5.1.0. I am using Windows 7. I am installing with
administrative rights so permissions ought not to be a problem.



I'm running windows 10. Octave 5.1.0 comes bundled with  signal 1.4.0.  I just tried installing 1.4.1, and am running into errors.  I had previously had tmp folder permissions errors, but even setting my tmpdir to a place that works, I get errors:

>> setenv('tmpdir','c:\Programs\Octave\Temp\')
>> pkg install -forge signal
cl2bp.cc: In function 'octave_value_list Fcl2bp(const octave_value_list&, int)':
cl2bp.cc:92:5: error: 'gripe_wrong_type_arg' was not declared in this scope
     gripe_wrong_type_arg ("cl2bp", args(0));
     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
cl2bp.cc:92:5: note: suggested alternative: 'err_wrong_type_arg'
     gripe_wrong_type_arg ("cl2bp", args(0));
     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
     err_wrong_type_arg
cl2bp.cc:97:5: error: 'gripe_wrong_type_arg' was not declared in this scope
     gripe_wrong_type_arg ("cl2bp", args(1));
     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
cl2bp.cc:97:5: note: suggested alternative: 'err_wrong_type_arg'
     gripe_wrong_type_arg ("cl2bp", args(1));
     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
     err_wrong_type_arg
cl2bp.cc:102:5: error: 'gripe_wrong_type_arg' was not declared in this scope
     gripe_wrong_type_arg ("cl2bp", args(2));
     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
cl2bp.cc:102:5: note: suggested alternative: 'err_wrong_type_arg'
     gripe_wrong_type_arg ("cl2bp", args(2));
     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
     err_wrong_type_arg
cl2bp.cc:107:5: error: 'gripe_wrong_type_arg' was not declared in this scope
     gripe_wrong_type_arg ("cl2bp", args(3));
     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
cl2bp.cc:107:5: note: suggested alternative: 'err_wrong_type_arg'
     gripe_wrong_type_arg ("cl2bp", args(3));
     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
     err_wrong_type_arg
cl2bp.cc:112:5: error: 'gripe_wrong_type_arg' was not declared in this scope
     gripe_wrong_type_arg ("cl2bp", args(4));
     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
cl2bp.cc:112:5: note: suggested alternative: 'err_wrong_type_arg'
     gripe_wrong_type_arg ("cl2bp", args(4));
     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
     err_wrong_type_arg
cl2bp.cc:129:5: error: 'gripe_wrong_type_arg' was not declared in this scope
     gripe_wrong_type_arg ("cl2bp", args(5));
     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
cl2bp.cc:129:5: note: suggested alternative: 'err_wrong_type_arg'
     gripe_wrong_type_arg ("cl2bp", args(5));
     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
     err_wrong_type_arg
make: *** [Makefile:40: cl2bp.o] Error 1
make: Entering directory '/c/Programs/Octave/Temp/oct-ohFBsH/signal-1.4.0/src'
C:/Programs/Octave/OCTAVE~1.0-W/mingw64/bin/mkoctfile-5.1.0.exe -Wall -Wno-deprecated-declaration
s  __fwht__.cc -o __fwht__.oct
C:/Programs/Octave/OCTAVE~1.0-W/mingw64/bin/mkoctfile-5.1.0.exe -Wall -Wno-deprecated-declaration
s  __ultrwin__.cc -o __ultrwin__.oct
C:/Programs/Octave/OCTAVE~1.0-W/mingw64/bin/mkoctfile-5.1.0.exe -Wall -Wno-deprecated-declaration
s  -c cl2bp.cc -o cl2bp.o
make: Leaving directory '/c/Programs/Octave/Temp/oct-ohFBsH/signal-1.4.0/src'
pkg: error running `make' for the signal package.
error: called from
    configure_make at line 99 column 9
    install at line 184 column 7
    pkg at line 441 column 9




Mike, any thoughts?




Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: pkg cannot install signal 1.4.1 RC

nrjank


On Mon, Mar 25, 2019 at 11:12 AM Nicholas Jankowski <[hidden email]> wrote:
1 -sorry, left the help list off the reply.

2 - correction - install-forge is obviously still pulling 1.4.0.  


downloading the signal-1.4.1 release candidate, making sure my temp dir wasn't set to my user profile, I was able to install without error on Windows 10, Octave 5.1.0


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: pkg cannot install signal 1.4.1 RC

nrjank
On Mon, Mar 25, 2019 at 11:24 AM Nicholas Jankowski <[hidden email]> wrote:


On Mon, Mar 25, 2019 at 11:12 AM Nicholas Jankowski <[hidden email]> wrote:
1 -sorry, left the help list off the reply.

2 - correction - install-forge is obviously still pulling 1.4.0.  


downloading the signal-1.4.1 release candidate, making sure my temp dir wasn't set to my user profile, I was able to install without error on Windows 10, Octave 5.1.0


Malcolm, 
Our managed systems here at work recently put a security policy in place preventing execution from the user profile temp folders, which is where octave defaults to compiling packages.  It may be these protections still hold despite admin privileges.  I created an empty temp folder next to the Octave program folder, and set the environment variables using:

>> setenv('tmpdir', 'C:\Programs\Octave\temp\')
>> tempdir
ans = c:\Programs\Octave\Temp\

after which I have no problems installing packages requiring compilation.  might be worth a try just to rule out that possibility. 

 


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: pkg cannot install signal 1.4.1 RC

Malcolm Clarke
In reply to this post by Colin Macdonald-2
Dear Colin

I did further investigation and found builtin functions that provide the
functionality I require (interp1==interp). Also I see an error message
to use "pkg load foo", and this loads and runs the preloaded signal
without error.

Thank you for assistance.

Regards

Malcolm


On 25/03/2019 05:19, Colin Macdonald wrote:

> On 2019-03-24 7:57 p.m., Malcolm Clarke wrote:
>>>>  >> pkg install signal-1.4.1.tar.gz
>>>> unpack: unarchiving program exited with status: -1073741515
>>>> error: called from
>>>>      unpack at line 274 column 5
>>>>      untar at line 48 column 5
>>>>      install at line 81 column 9
>>>>      pkg at line 441 column 9
> >
> > I am using 5.1.0. I receive the same error for doctest.
>
> What OS?  Did you have this problem with Octave 4.4.1?
>
> Maybe its some kind of permissions problem with the temporary
> directory where it tries to unpack...  But I really don't know. Maybe
> someone else can offer some advice.
>
> Colin
>