pkg: error running `make' for the struct package.

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

pkg: error running `make' for the struct package.

mismichael
Hi,
I am relatively fresh user of Octave hence I might need a bit more
explanation on the installation of packages.

I am using Octave 5.1.0 for Windows, zip package. I have no admin access to
the machine I use and I am currently unable to install the software from
installer.
When I try to install package OPTIM I need STRUCT. I use following command
to get STRUCT:
/pkg install -forge -local struct/

And this is what I get in return:
/民In file included from error-helpers.cc:22:0:
error-helpers.h:31:22: error: 'octave_execution_exception' does not name a
type; did you mean 'make_execution_exception'?
 void c_verror (const octave_execution_exception&, const char *, ...);
                      ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      make_execution_exception
error-helpers.cc:36:17: error: 'octave_execution_exception' does not name a
type; did you mean 'make_execution_exception'?
 c_verror (const octave_execution_exception&, const char *fmt, ...)
                 ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                 make_execution_exception
error-helpers.cc: In function 'void _p_error(const char*, ...)':
error-helpers.cc:60:8: error: 'cerr' is not a member of 'std'
   std::cerr << msg;
        ^~~~
error-helpers.cc:60:8: note: suggested alternative: 'errc'
   std::cerr << msg;
        ^~~~
        errc
make: *** [Makefile:40: error-helpers.o] Error 1
make: Entering directory
'/c/Users/QQQ/AppData/Local/Temp/oct-WkD7TM/struct-1.0.15/src'
CXXFLAGS="-g -O2 -Wno-deprecated-declarations"
C:/Users/QQQ/Desktop/PORTAB~1/OCTAVE~1.0-W/mingw64/bin/mkoctfile-5.1.0.exe
-c error-helpers.cc
make: Leaving directory
'/c/Users/gcimmi/AppData/Local/Temp/oct-WkD7TM/struct-1.0.15/src'

pkg: error running `make' for the struct package.
error: called from
    configure_make at line 99 column 9
    install at line 184 column 7
    pkg at line 441 column 9/
Is there a way to istall the packages manually? I have tried also to
download the package to my HDD and install it from there. Effect was the
same.
Thank you.



--
Sent from: http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Octave-General-f1599825.html


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: pkg: error running `make' for the struct package.

tmacchant
--- mismichael

> Hi,
> I am relatively fresh user of Octave hence I might need a bit more
> explanation on the installation of packages.
>
> I am using Octave 5.1.0 for Windows, zip package. I have no admin access to
> the machine I use and I am currently unable to install the software from
> installer.
> When I try to install package OPTIM I need STRUCT. I use following command
> to get STRUCT:
> /pkg install -forge -local struct/
>
> And this is what I get in return:
> /民In file included from error-helpers.cc:22:0:
> error-helpers.h:31:22: error: 'octave_execution_exception' does not name a
> type; did you mean 'make_execution_exception'?
>  void c_verror (const octave_execution_exception&, const char *, ...);
>                       ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>                       make_execution_exception
> error-helpers.cc:36:17: error: 'octave_execution_exception' does not name a
> type; did you mean 'make_execution_exception'?
>  c_verror (const octave_execution_exception&, const char *fmt, ...)
>                  ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>                  make_execution_exception
> error-helpers.cc: In function 'void _p_error(const char*, ...)':
> error-helpers.cc:60:8: error: 'cerr' is not a member of 'std'
>    std::cerr << msg;
>         ^~~~
> error-helpers.cc:60:8: note: suggested alternative: 'errc'
>    std::cerr << msg;
>         ^~~~
>         errc
> make: *** [Makefile:40: error-helpers.o] Error 1
> make: Entering directory
> '/c/Users/QQQ/AppData/Local/Temp/oct-WkD7TM/struct-1.0.15/src'
> CXXFLAGS="-g -O2 -Wno-deprecated-declarations"
> C:/Users/QQQ/Desktop/PORTAB~1/OCTAVE~1.0-W/mingw64/bin/mkoctfile-5.1.0.exe
> -c error-helpers.cc
> make: Leaving directory
> '/c/Users/gcimmi/AppData/Local/Temp/oct-WkD7TM/struct-1.0.15/src'
>
> pkg: error running `make' for the struct package.
> error: called from
>     configure_make at line 99 column 9
>     install at line 184 column 7
>     pkg at line 441 column 9/
> Is there a way to istall the packages manually? I have tried also to
> download the package to my HDD and install it from there. Effect was the
> same.
> Thank you

AFAIK. struct package is pre-installed on octave for windows, and you need not install it .
But you have to active it if install if you install octave from zip.
See
http://wiki.octave.org/Octave_for_Microsoft_Windows

Tatsuro



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: pkg: error running `make' for the struct package.

tmacchant




----- Original Message -----

> From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA <
> To: mismichael >; "help-octave
> Cc:
> Date: 2019/3/19, Tue 23:00
> Subject: Re: pkg: error running `make' for the struct package.
>
> --- mismichael
>>  Hi,
>>  I am relatively fresh user of Octave hence I might need a bit more
>>  explanation on the installation of packages.
>>
>>  I am using Octave 5.1.0 for Windows, zip package. I have no admin access to
>>  the machine I use and I am currently unable to install the software from
>>  installer.
>>  When I try to install package OPTIM I need STRUCT. I use following command
>>  to get STRUCT:
>>  /pkg install -forge -local struct/
>>
>>  And this is what I get in return:
>>  /民In file included from error-helpers.cc:22:0:
>>  error-helpers.h:31:22: error: 'octave_execution_exception' does not
> name a
>>  type; did you mean 'make_execution_exception'?
>>   void c_verror (const octave_execution_exception&, const char *, ...);
>>                        ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>                        make_execution_exception
>>  error-helpers.cc:36:17: error: 'octave_execution_exception' does
> not name a
>>  type; did you mean 'make_execution_exception'?
>>   c_verror (const octave_execution_exception&, const char *fmt, ...)
>>                   ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>                   make_execution_exception
>>  error-helpers.cc: In function 'void _p_error(const char*, ...)':
>>  error-helpers.cc:60:8: error: 'cerr' is not a member of
> 'std'
>>     std::cerr << msg;
>>          ^~~~
>>  error-helpers.cc:60:8: note: suggested alternative: 'errc'
>>     std::cerr << msg;
>>          ^~~~
>>          errc
>>  make: *** [Makefile:40: error-helpers.o] Error 1
>>  make: Entering directory
>>  '/c/Users/QQQ/AppData/Local/Temp/oct-WkD7TM/struct-1.0.15/src'
>>  CXXFLAGS="-g -O2 -Wno-deprecated-declarations"
>>  C:/Users/QQQ/Desktop/PORTAB~1/OCTAVE~1.0-W/mingw64/bin/mkoctfile-5.1.0.exe
>>  -c error-helpers.cc
>>  make: Leaving directory
>>  '/c/Users/gcimmi/AppData/Local/Temp/oct-WkD7TM/struct-1.0.15/src'
>>
>>  pkg: error running `make' for the struct package.
>>  error: called from
>>      configure_make at line 99 column 9
>>      install at line 184 column 7
>>      pkg at line 441 column 9/
>>  Is there a way to istall the packages manually? I have tried also to
>>  download the package to my HDD and install it from there. Effect was the
>>  same.
>>  Thank you
>
> AFAIK. struct package is pre-installed on octave for windows, and you need not
> install it .
> But you have to active it if install if you install octave from zip.
> See
> http://wiki.octave.org/Octave_for_Microsoft_Windows
>
> Tatsuro

I have confirmed that optim and struct packages are pre-installed 
Octave-5.1.0 for windows by 

>> pkg list>> pkg list
Package Name         | Version | Installation directory
---------------------+---------+-----------------------
 :
              optim  |   1.5.3 | ...\mingw64\share\octave\packages\optim-1.5.3


 :
             struct  |  1.0.15 | ...\mingw64\share\octave\packages\struct-1.0.15



You should run the post-install.bat file before running Octave the first time to reduce plot delays due to the Windows font cache and make the pre-installed packages visible to the system.

Before you use a package, you have to load it.
>> pkg load optim 

Tatsuro


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: pkg: error running `make' for the struct package.

Windhorn, Allen E [ACIM/LSA/MKT]
I would like to install the communications package (V1.2.1), but it has a
dependency on the signal package (>= V1.1.3).  When I try to install the
signal package I get:
----------------
>> pkg install -forge signal
medfilt1.cc: In member function 'void sorted_window::init(const double*, octave_idx_type, octave_idx_
type, octave_idx_type)':
medfilt1.cc:91:7: error: 'bzero' was not declared in this scope
       bzero (buf, zeros * sizeof (double));
       ^~~~~
medfilt1.cc:91:7: note: suggested alternative: 'zeros'
       bzero (buf, zeros * sizeof (double));
       ^~~~~
       zeros
make: *** [medfilt1.oct] Error 1
make: Entering directory `/tmp/oct-Hskk3k/signal-1.4.0/src'
C:/Octave/OCTAVE~1.1/bin/mkoctfile-4.4.1.exe -Wall -Wno-deprecated-declarations  __fwht__.cc -o __fwh
t__.oct
C:/Octave/OCTAVE~1.1/bin/mkoctfile-4.4.1.exe -Wall -Wno-deprecated-declarations  __ultrwin__.cc -o __
ultrwin__.oct
C:/Octave/OCTAVE~1.1/bin/mkoctfile-4.4.1.exe -Wall -Wno-deprecated-declarations  -c cl2bp.cc -o cl2bp
.o
C:/Octave/OCTAVE~1.1/bin/mkoctfile-4.4.1.exe -Wall -Wno-deprecated-declarations  -c cl2bp_lib.cc -o c
l2bp_lib.o
C:/Octave/OCTAVE~1.1/bin/mkoctfile-4.4.1.exe -Wall -Wno-deprecated-declarations  cl2bp.o cl2bp_lib.o
-o cl2bp.oct
C:/Octave/OCTAVE~1.1/bin/mkoctfile-4.4.1.exe -Wall -Wno-deprecated-declarations  medfilt1.cc -o medfi
lt1.oct
make: Leaving directory `/tmp/oct-Hskk3k/signal-1.4.0/src'

pkg: error running `make' for the signal package.
error: called from
    configure_make at line 99 column 9
    install at line 184 column 7
    pkg at line 437 column 9
-----------------
I am using Windows 10 on an Intel processor.
I recently moved to Octave V4.4.1 but the 4.4.0 version had the same problem.
Is this something in my setup, or a problem with the package?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Regards,
Allen
--
Allen Windhorn P.E. (Mn), CEng| Senior Principal Engineer
Leroy-Somer Americas | Kato Engineering, Inc.
2075 Howard Dr. West | North Mankato, MN 56003 | USA
T +1 507-345-2782 | F +1 507-345-2798
[hidden email] | [hidden email]




Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: pkg: error running `make' for the struct package.

Windhorn, Allen E [ACIM/LSA/MKT]
-----Original Message-----
From: Windhorn, Allen E [ACIM/LSA/MKT]

> I would like to install the communications package (V1.2.1), but it has a
> dependency on the signal package (>= V1.1.3).  When I try to install the
> signal package I get...

Never mind, I discovered Octave V5.1.0, which has signal pre-installed.

Regards,
Allen