poisson_rnd is broken in 2.1.58

Michael Creel
Hello,
The poisson_rnd function should return a matrix of the same size as the input,
when one argument is passed. This worked in 2.1.57. I could probably make a
patch, but perhaps someone who knows the origin of the bug would prefer to do
that?

Michael

octave:2> poisson_rnd(ones(10,2))
error: operator -: nonconformant arguments (op1 is 15x1, op2 is 1x15)
error: evaluating binary operator `-' near line 104, column 23
error: evaluating assignment expression near line 103, column 20
error: evaluating if command near line 102, column 2
error: evaluating while command near line 100, column 7
error: evaluating if command near line 96, column 5
error: evaluating if command near line 67, column 3
error: called from `poisson_rnd' in file
`/home/mcreel/octave/share/octave/2.1.58/m/statistics/distributions/poisson_rnd.m'
octave:2>

Re: poisson_rnd is broken in 2.1.58

David Bateman-3
I converted all of the statistical toolbox to work with ND arrays, so if
you are using the statisical toolbox it would be good if you give it a
torture test.

In any case here is a fix for the problem you found and the binomial_rnd
function as well.

D.

According to Michael Creel <[hidden email]> (on 09/10/04):

> Hello,
> The poisson_rnd function should return a matrix of the same size as the input,
> when one argument is passed. This worked in 2.1.57. I could probably make a
> patch, but perhaps someone who knows the origin of the bug would prefer to do
> that?
>
> Michael
>

> octave:2> poisson_rnd(ones(10,2))
> error: operator -: nonconformant arguments (op1 is 15x1, op2 is 1x15)
> error: evaluating binary operator `-' near line 104, column 23
> error: evaluating assignment expression near line 103, column 20
> error: evaluating if command near line 102, column 2
> error: evaluating while command near line 100, column 7
> error: evaluating if command near line 96, column 5
> error: evaluating if command near line 67, column 3
> error: called from `poisson_rnd' in file
> `/home/mcreel/octave/share/octave/2.1.58/m/statistics/distributions/poisson_rnd.m'
> octave:2>

Motorola CRM                                 +33 1 69 35 48 04 (Ph)
Parc Les Algorithmes, Commune de St Aubin    +33 1 69 35 77 01 (Fax)
91193 Gif-Sur-Yvette FRANCE

[x] General Business Information
[ ] Motorola Internal Use Only
[ ] Motorola Confidential Proprietary

changelog-stat (278 bytes) Download Attachment
patch.stat (1K) Download Attachment

Re: poisson_rnd is broken in 2.1.58

John W. Eaton-6
On 10-Sep-2004, David Bateman <[hidden email]> wrote:

| I converted all of the statistical toolbox to work with ND arrays, so if
| you are using the statisical toolbox it would be good if you give it a
| torture test.
|
| In any case here is a fix for the problem you found and the binomial_rnd
| function as well.

I applied these changes.