polar plots.

Muthu-5
Hello there!
Can we do polar plots with Octave/GNU Plot for
plotting antenna radiation patterns like that of
matlab?
Id like to see some concentric circles etc, on it. How
do we do that ?

Thanks
Muthu

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: polar plots.

Stéfan van der Walt
 - Function File:  polar (THETA, RHO, FMT)
     Make a two-dimensional plot given polar the coordinates THETA and
     RHO.

     The optional third argument specifies the line type.

On Sun, Apr 24, 2005 at 12:37:41AM -0700, Muthiah Annamalai wrote:

> Hello there!
> Can we do polar plots with Octave/GNU Plot for
> plotting antenna radiation patterns like that of
> matlab?
> Id like to see some concentric circles etc, on it. How
> do we do that ?
>
> Thanks
> Muthu

> http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: polar plots.

Geraint Paul Bevan

__gnuplot_set__ (was Re: polar plots.)

Dmitri A. Sergatskov
Geraint Paul Bevan wrote:

> or gset instead of __gnuplot_set__ if you have an old version of Octave

__gnuplot_set__ looks redundant and may go away in octave 3.0.x
So, if you to write a polargrid function, please use instead the
__gnuplot_raw__ ("set ...") construct.

Note that __gnuplot_splot__ and __gnuplot_plot__ cannot be
reduced to __gnuplot_raw__ since they are doing some parsing
on its arguments.

Sincerely,

Dmitri.

Re: polar plots.

Gerald Ebberink
Hi all

When talking about this, has anyone tried to implement smith-diagrams?
because I don't really like to draw them by hand on a copy of a copy of
a copy of...

kind regards
Gerald

Muthiah Annamalai wrote:

>Hello there!
>Can we do polar plots with Octave/GNU Plot for
>plotting antenna radiation patterns like that of
>matlab?
>Id like to see some concentric circles etc, on it. How
>do we do that ?
>
>Thanks
>Muthu

>Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
>http://mail.yahoo.com

Ing. Gerald Ebberink
Research Technician

Kernfysisch Versneller Instituut
Rijksuniversiteit Groningen
Zernikelaan 25
9747 AA Groningen
The Netherlands
tel: +31 50 363 3518
lab: +31 50 363 3588
mob: +31 61 644 4242
fax: +31 50 363 4003

ebberink.vcf (172 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: polar plots.

Stéfan van der Walt
Hi Gerald

The script at
  http://www.circuitsage.com/matching/smith.m
works with some minor modification.

The version at
  http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/files/1923/plotSmithChart.m
is much slower but draws better looking charts.

If you need to print a smith chart, grab a PDF from
  http://www.ife.ee.ethz.ch/~ichsc/smith_charts/

Regards
Stefan