popen2 in an executable octave script

Allan E. Strand

Hi all,

I am running octave 2.0.5 on a P133 running NetBSD 1.2.1.  I have an
external program that performs various calculations.  I execute this
program using popen2, pipe in a request for a calculation and pipe out
the answer.  This works quite well when I run octave interactively or
by piping the octave code through octave.  However, when I try to run a
script containing this command as an octave executable script I get a
broken pipe error.

I would prefer to use the executable version if possible.  Does anyone
have any thoughts on what might be wrong?

TIA

A.

--
Allan E. Strand                Internet:   [hidden email]
Department of Biology