problems uploading package

Olaf Till-2
Hi,

I seem to be unable to use the new package release tracker referenced
by the developer section of the OF website.

First, it seems to accept only one attachment per post ... ?

Second, it requires splitting packages into files <= 256K.

Worse, even if thus splitted, or even into files <= 256000 bytes, it
still does not accept a single chunk and pretends the file is > 256K.

Olaf

Re: problems uploading package

c.-2

On 15 Sep 2012, at 00:20, Olaf Till wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I seem to be unable to use the new package release tracker referenced
> by the developer section of the OF website.
>
> First, it seems to accept only one attachment per post ... ?

no, there is a (very well hidden) link to add another file.
it's on the left hand side of the page, coluored in gray and
doesn't look like a link as even if you pass the pointer over it
it does change color.

> Second, it requires splitting packages into files <= 256K.
>
> Worse, even if thus splitted, or even into files <= 256000 bytes, it
> still does not accept a single chunk and pretends the file is > 256K.

yes this is a very strict limitation. For the time being, as long as we
can't find anything better, if the file is too big just upload the package
elswhere and post a link on the tracker.

> Olaf
c.

On Sat, Sep 15, 2012 at 11:23:22AM +0200, c. wrote:

> On 15 Sep 2012, at 00:20, Olaf Till wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I seem to be unable to use the new package release tracker referenced
> > by the developer section of the OF website.
> >
> > First, it seems to accept only one attachment per post ... ?
>
> no, there is a (very well hidden) link to add another file.
> it's on the left hand side of the page, coluored in gray and
> doesn't look like a link as even if you pass the pointer over it
> it does change color.
Thanks.

> > Second, it requires splitting packages into files <= 256K.
> >
> > Worse, even if thus splitted, or even into files <= 256000 bytes, it
> > still does not accept a single chunk and pretends the file is > 256K.
>
> yes this is a very strict limitation. For the time being, as long as we
> can't find anything better, if the file is too big just upload the package
> elswhere and post a link on the tracker.

Since I have no other place to upload, I tried the tracker again with
a split to chunks of 250000 bytes, and luckily it accepted these. At
least I could upload the 5 chunks without hitting a limit in the
number of attached files. Thanks for the help.

I'll make the announcement in a separate thread.

Olaf