pytave: docs for building on Windows

Colin Macdonald-2
Abhinav,

Here are some notes I thought of, regarding documenting your efforts to
get PyTave building on Windows:

1.  Please write this so that someone who has no idea what "mxe",
"msys2", "mingw", "cygwin" are (*cough* me *cough*).

2.  However, you don't have to explain what everything is, just provide
links and try to document as precisely as possibly what you tried.
(e.g., what directories you install things into, what files you edited,
etc).

3.  An "executive summary" of a few sentences of what the current blocks
are (e.g., is it the boost dependency?)

4.  A summary of other approaches you tried that didn't work (and if you
remember, what went wrong).

5.  Should we do this on the wiki?  That way, others (e.g., Tatsuro) can
modify too.

6.  Incomplete is better than never, early-and-often, etc.

thanks,
Colin

Re: pytave: docs for building on Windows

tmacchant
> Here are some notes I thought of, regarding documenting your efforts to get
> PyTave building on Windows:
>
> 1.  Please write this so that someone who has no idea what "mxe",
> "msys2", "mingw", "cygwin" are (*cough* me
> *cough*).
>
> 2.  However, you don't have to explain what everything is, just provide
> links and try to document as precisely as possibly what you tried. (e.g., what
> directories you install things into, what files you edited, etc).
>
> 3.  An "executive summary" of a few sentences of what the current
> blocks are (e.g., is it the boost dependency?)
>
> 4.  A summary of other approaches you tried that didn't work (and if you
> remember, what went wrong).
>

> 5.  Should we do this on the wiki?  That way, others (e.g., Tatsuro) can modify
> too.
I had also worked on this matter and build experience on *windows* is longer (just longer)
than that of Abhinav. Therefore I may help Abhinav to write documents for building pytave on windows on the wiki.

> 6.  Incomplete is better than never, early-and-often, etc.

I also think so.

Tatsuro

On 15/07/16 19:52, Tatsuro MATSUOKA wrote:
> Therefore I may help Abhinav to write documents for building pytave on windows on the wiki.

That sounds great to me!

As you've probably noticed, I'm not much use as a mentor on this task so
its great that you've been helping out.  Just in case I didn't say so
yet---Thank you!

Colin

Re: pytave: docs for building on Windows

Abhinav Tripathi

On Jul 16, 2016 10:19 AM, "Colin Macdonald" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 15/07/16 19:52, Tatsuro MATSUOKA wrote:
>>
>> Therefore I may help Abhinav to write documents for building pytave on windows on the wiki.
>

> That sounds great to me!
>
> As you've probably noticed, I'm not much use as a mentor on this task so its great that you've been helping out.  Just in case I didn't say so yet---Thank you!
>
> Colin

I'll document the efforts so far on a wiki page and share the link here..
.
Abhinav