pzmap(), bad options (control)

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

pzmap(), bad options (control)

GoSim
When using pzmap, it can't in practice be used for many systems. When using
it once it prints the poles/zeros in blue marked with x and o. If I use it
again it uses the same color, and if I try to change color also the marking
changes according to the plot() command and it is not x and o anymore but
just a line or whatever you chose for all zeros AND poles.

Basically it is useless for many systems.

The options for style should only be colors to be useful, and thickness
maybe.

’style’

    Line style and color, e.g. ’r’ for a solid red line or ’-.k’ for a
dash-dotted black line. See help plot for details.

https://octave.sourceforge.io/control/function/pzmap.html









--
Sent from: https://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Octave-Maintainers-f1638794.html

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: pzmap(), bad options (control)

nrjank
On Fri, Jan 31, 2020 at 12:25 PM GoSim <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> When using pzmap, it can't in practice be used for many systems. When using
> it once it prints the poles/zeros in blue marked with x and o. If I use it
> again it uses the same color, and if I try to change color also the marking
> changes according to the plot() command and it is not x and o anymore but
> just a line or whatever you chose for all zeros AND poles.
>
> Basically it is useless for many systems.

can you provide a quick example data/script that reproduces the
problem you're seeing?  I'd like to try it in Matlab and see how it
behaves.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: pzmap(), bad options (control)

GoSim
>> pzmap(tf([1 9],[1 2 2 4 5]))
>> hold on
>> pzmap(tf([1 8],[1 2 2 4 5]))

same color, legend incorrect

<https://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/t373066/pzmap.png>


>> pzmap(tf([1 8],[1 2 2 4 5]))
>> hold on
>> pzmap(tf([1 9],[1 2 2 4 5]),'r')

x:s and o:s are now a line and a dot, this is incorrect

<https://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/t373066/pzmap1.png>


pzmap(tf([1 9],[1 2 2 4 5]),'bx')

everything is x now, can't see the zeros

<https://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/t373066/pzmap2.png>






--
Sent from: https://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Octave-Maintainers-f1638794.html

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: pzmap(), bad options (control)

nrjank
On Fri, Jan 31, 2020 at 1:54 PM GoSim <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> >> pzmap(tf([1 9],[1 2 2 4 5]))
> >> hold on
> >> pzmap(tf([1 8],[1 2 2 4 5]))
>
> same color, legend incorrect
>
> <https://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/t373066/pzmap.png>
>
>
> >> pzmap(tf([1 8],[1 2 2 4 5]))
> >> hold on
> >> pzmap(tf([1 9],[1 2 2 4 5]),'r')
>
> x:s and o:s are now a line and a dot, this is incorrect
>
> <https://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/t373066/pzmap1.png>
>
>
> pzmap(tf([1 9],[1 2 2 4 5]),'bx')
>
> everything is x now, can't see the zeros
>
> <https://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/t373066/pzmap2.png>
>
>
yes, definitely some matlab compatibility there.  see attached are
Matlab 2019a outputs coinciding with your three images.  would you
create a bug report at bugs.octave.org with all of these images
attached copy Doug Stewart <[hidden email]> one of the package
maintainers on the report?

pzmap2_matlab.png (20K) Download Attachment
pzmap_matlab.png (20K) Download Attachment
pzmap1_matlab.png (20K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: pzmap(), bad options (control)

GoSim
nrjank wrote
> On Fri, Jan 31, 2020 at 1:54 PM GoSim &lt;

> GoSim@

> &gt; wrote:
>>
>> >> pzmap(tf([1 9],[1 2 2 4 5]))
>> >> hold on
>> >> pzmap(tf([1 8],[1 2 2 4 5]))
>>
>> same color, legend incorrect
>>
>> &lt;https://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/t373066/pzmap.png&gt;
>>
>>
>> >> pzmap(tf([1 8],[1 2 2 4 5]))
>> >> hold on
>> >> pzmap(tf([1 9],[1 2 2 4 5]),'r')
>>
>> x:s and o:s are now a line and a dot, this is incorrect
>>
>> &lt;https://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/t373066/pzmap1.png&gt;
>>
>>
>> pzmap(tf([1 9],[1 2 2 4 5]),'bx')
>>
>> everything is x now, can't see the zeros
>>
>> &lt;https://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/t373066/pzmap2.png&gt;
>>
>>
>
> yes, definitely some matlab compatibility there.  see attached are
> Matlab 2019a outputs coinciding with your three images.  would you
> create a bug report at bugs.octave.org with all of these images
> attached copy Doug Stewart &lt;

> doug.dastew@

https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/index.php?57716

wasn't able to add his mail, probably because i'm not registred



--
Sent from: https://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Octave-Maintainers-f1638794.html