qhull and octave

Luis Henrique F. Cardoso de Mello
Hello,

I'm a Slackware and Salix OS packager, and I've managed to compile
octave 3.4.0 with (almost) all the optional packages:

imagemagick 6.6.6
glpk 4.45
hdf5 1.8.5-patch1
qhull 2003.1
qrupdate 1.1.1
SuiteSparse 3.4.0

Notice how old qhull is. But it's the only one that I got it to work
with octave. Which version of qhull are you using to build octave?

- Luis Henrique

Re: qhull and octave

Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso-2
On 3 May 2011 06:34, Luis Henrique F. Cardoso de Mello
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Notice how old qhull is. But it's the only one that I got it to work with
> octave. Which version of qhull are you using to build octave?

I build with 2009.1 in Debian. What problem did that one give you?

- Jordi G. H.

Re: qhull and octave

Luis Henrique F. Cardoso de Mello
When I run configure on 2009.1:
$ ./configure
bash: ./configure: /bin/sh^M: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

- Luis Henrique

On 05/03/2011 09:58 AM, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:
> On 3 May 2011 06:34, Luis Henrique F. Cardoso de Mello
> <[hidden email]>  wrote:
>> Notice how old qhull is. But it's the only one that I got it to work with
>> octave. Which version of qhull are you using to build octave?
>
> I build with 2009.1 in Debian. What problem did that one give you?
>
> - Jordi G. H.

Re: qhull and octave

Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso-2
2011/5/3 Luis Henrique F. Cardoso de Mello <[hidden email]>:

> On 05/03/2011 09:58 AM, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:
>>
>> On 3 May 2011 06:34, Luis Henrique F. Cardoso de Mello
>> <[hidden email]>  wrote:
>>>
>>> Notice how old qhull is. But it's the only one that I got it to work with
>>> octave. Which version of qhull are you using to build octave?
>>
>> I build with 2009.1 in Debian. What problem did that one give you?
>
> When I run configure on 2009.1:
> $ ./configure
> bash: ./configure: /bin/sh^M: bad interpreter: No such file or
> directory

Somehow, there are Windows line endings in the configure script.
Remove them.

HTH,
- Jordi G. H.

Re: qhull and octave

Daniel Pfenniger-2
Sorry if this was already mentioned, but there is a new version of qhull
since 2011/4/17. (http://www.qhull.org/news/qhull-news.html)

        Daniel

Luis Henrique F. Cardoso de Mello wrote:

> When I run configure on 2009.1:
> $ ./configure
> bash: ./configure: /bin/sh^M: bad interpreter: No such file or directory
>
> - Luis Henrique
>
> On 05/03/2011 09:58 AM, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:
>> On 3 May 2011 06:34, Luis Henrique F. Cardoso de Mello
>> <[hidden email]>  wrote:
>>> Notice how old qhull is. But it's the only one that I got it to work
>>> with
>>> octave. Which version of qhull are you using to build octave?
>>
>> I build with 2009.1 in Debian. What problem did that one give you?
>>
>> - Jordi G. H.

Re: qhull and octave

Luis Henrique F. Cardoso de Mello
But I don't know how to make octave configure script 'see' qhull 2011.1.

On 05/04/2011 03:40 AM, Daniel Pfenniger wrote:

> Sorry if this was already mentioned, but there is a new version of qhull
> since 2011/4/17. (http://www.qhull.org/news/qhull-news.html)
>

> Daniel
>

> Luis Henrique F. Cardoso de Mello wrote:
>> When I run configure on 2009.1:
>> $ ./configure
>> bash: ./configure: /bin/sh^M: bad interpreter: No such file or directory
>>
>> - Luis Henrique
>>
>> On 05/03/2011 09:58 AM, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:
>>>
>>> I build with 2009.1 in Debian. What problem did that one give you?
>>>
>>> - Jordi G. H.

Re: qhull and octave

P. A. Cheeseman
All plain files in the tarball have CR/LF end of lines as well as I can see.  They can be removed with dos2unix(1).

My 3.4.0 build using qhull-2011.1 broke at 'make check' (segfault) after I made links to account for the name changes and location changes.  There may be a way to get 2011.1 to work but ...

The build using 2009.1.1 ran o.k. so I didn't tinker with 2011.1 to see if I could get it to work.

Best regards,
Phil

Re: qhull and octave

On 26-May-2011, P. A. Cheeseman wrote:

| All plain files in the tarball have CR/LF end of lines as well as I can see.
| They can be removed with dos2unix(1).

Which tarball is "the tarball"?  Where did you get it?

| My 3.4.0 build using qhull-2011.1 broke at 'make check' (segfault) after I
| made links to account for the name changes and location changes.  There may
| be a way to get 2011.1 to work but ...
|
| The build using 2009.1.1 ran o.k. so I didn't tinker with 2011.1 to see if I
| could get it to work.

If you think you've found a bug in Octave, then open a bug report
here:

  https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=additem&group=octave

with sufficient details so that someone might be able to reproduce the
problem.

Re: qhull and octave

P. A. Cheeseman
| Which tarball is "the tarball"?  Where did you get it?

     The link is ...

         http://www.qhull.org/download/qhull-2009.1.1.tar.gz

| If you think you've found a bug in Octave, then open a bug report here:

     I don't think this is a bug in Octave or Qhull.  Octave built o.k. with 2009.1.1 and is just probably not yet reorganized in its configure script, etc. to deal with the qhull-2011.1 version changes.

     I mentioned the issues with 2011.1 in hopes of saving others some time.  I didn't dig down far enough to identify the source of the 'make check' failures other than to note it was the qhull tests.  Backing down to the 2009.1.1 release of Qhull led to a clean configure step, clean build, and clean check.

     Best regards,
     Phil

Re: qhull and octave

marco atzeri-2
On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 10:03 PM, P. A. Cheeseman  wrote:

> | Which tarball is "the tarball"?  Where did you get it?
>
>     The link is ...
>
>         http://www.qhull.org/download/qhull-2009.1.1.tar.gz
>
> | If you think you've found a bug in Octave, then open a bug report here:
>
>     I don't think this is a bug in Octave or Qhull.  Octave built o.k. with
> 2009.1.1 and is just probably not yet reorganized in its configure script,
> etc. to deal with the qhull-2011.1 version changes.
>
>     I mentioned the issues with 2011.1 in hopes of saving others some time.
> I didn't dig down far enough to identify the source of the 'make check'
> failures other than to note it was the qhull tests.  Backing down to the
> 2009.1.1 release of Qhull led to a clean configure step, clean build, and
> clean check.
>
>     Best regards,
>     Phil

qhull changed api between 2009 and 2010 version.

I noticed packing the cygwin version and I was obliged to bump the lib
from 5 to 6

Regards
Marco