qt problems on Windows 10

Daniel Dencker
Hi.

I am running GNU Octave 5.1.0 on Windows 10.
I am trying to create a "stand-alone program", i.e running
"octave myscript.m"
from the Windows command line (or from a bat-file).

The problem is that I don't get the same behaviour from the command line as in the Octave GUI.
I traced it down to the fact that the Octave GUI is using qt, whereas octive from the command line uses fltk.
The command "available_graphics_toolkits ()" doesn't return qt as an option when running from the command line.

Any advice?

What I am actually trying to do is as simple as showing a text on the screen, on an empty screen, without any plots. The only way I found to do this is by using the "uicontrol" command and that's where the toolkit problem comes in. qt seems to be required in order to get full support for the "uicontrol" command.

Is there any workaround, any other way to simply place a text on the screen?

Thanks!

BR

Daniel

Virusfritt. www.avast.com

Re: qt problems on Windows 10

Daniel Dencker
Hi.

Problem solved.
For some unknown reason I was calling octave-cli.exe from the command window
/ bat-file.
Calling "octave.vbs --no-gui" instead, solves the problem.

BR

Daniel