"image-2.0.0.tar.gz" fails to install (Octave 3.6.2, Windows)

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

"image-2.0.0.tar.gz" fails to install (Octave 3.6.2, Windows)

Gerald Gmachmeir

Hi,

The image package fails to install, error:

> octave:21> pkg install image-2.0.0.tar.gz
> In file included from d:\Portables\Octave3.6.2_gcc4.6.2\include\octave-3.6.2\octave/lo-utils.h:31:0,
>                  from d:\Portables\Octave3.6.2_gcc4.6.2\include\octave-3.6.2\octave/Array.h:38,
>                  from d:\Portables\Octave3.6.2_gcc4.6.2\include\octave-3.6.2\octave/boolMatrix.h:27,
>                  from d:\Portables\Octave3.6.2_gcc4.6.2\include\octave-3.6.2\octave/mx-base.h:32,
>                  from d:\Portables\Octave3.6.2_gcc4.6.2\include\octave-3.6.2\octave/Matrix.h:30,
>                  from d:\Portables\Octave3.6.2_gcc4.6.2\include\octave-3.6.2\octave/oct.h:33,
>                  from bwlabeln.cc:20:
> d:\Portables\Octave3.6.2_gcc4.6.2\include\octave-3.6.2\octave/lo-cutils.h:50:12: error: 'pid_t' does not name a type
> g++: error: bwlabeln.o: No such file or directory
> make: *** [bwlabeln.oct] Error 1
> 'make' returned the following error: make: Entering directory `/tmp/oct-15/image/src'
> D:/Portables/Octave3.6.2_gcc4.6.2/bin/mkoctfile-3.6.2 __spatial_filtering__.cc
> D:/Portables/Octave3.6.2_gcc4.6.2/bin/mkoctfile-3.6.2 __bilateral__.cc
> D:/Portables/Octave3.6.2_gcc4.6.2/bin/mkoctfile-3.6.2 __custom_gaussian_smoothing__.cc
> D:/Portables/Octave3.6.2_gcc4.6.2/bin/mkoctfile-3.6.2 __boundary__.cc
> D:/Portables/Octave3.6.2_gcc4.6.2/bin/mkoctfile-3.6.2 bwlabel.cc
> D:/Portables/Octave3.6.2_gcc4.6.2/bin/mkoctfile-3.6.2 bwfill.cc
> D:/Portables/Octave3.6.2_gcc4.6.2/bin/mkoctfile-3.6.2 rotate_scale.cc
> D:/Portables/Octave3.6.2_gcc4.6.2/bin/mkoctfile-3.6.2 hough_line.cc
> D:/Portables/Octave3.6.2_gcc4.6.2/bin/mkoctfile-3.6.2 graycomatrix.cc
> D:/Portables/Octave3.6.2_gcc4.6.2/bin/mkoctfile-3.6.2 __bwdist__.cc
> D:/Portables/Octave3.6.2_gcc4.6.2/bin/mkoctfile-3.6.2 nonmax_supress.cc
> CXXFLAGS='-g -O2 -std=c++0x -Wall' D:/Portables/Octave3.6.2_gcc4.6.2/bin/mkoctfile-3.6.2 bwlabeln.cc
> make: Leaving directory `/tmp/oct-15/image/src'
> error: called from `pkg>configure_make' in file D:\Portables\Octave3.6.2_gcc4.6.2\share\octave\3.6.2\m\pkg\pkg.m near l
> ne 1385, column 9
> error: called from:
> error:   D:\Portables\Octave3.6.2_gcc4.6.2\share\octave\3.6.2\m\pkg\pkg.m at line 827, column 5
> error:   D:\Portables\Octave3.6.2_gcc4.6.2\share\octave\3.6.2\m\pkg\pkg.m at line 383, column 9
> octave:21>
> octave:21> pkg update
> error: get_forge_pkg: package NAME exists, but index page not available
> error: called from:
> error:   D:\Portables\Octave3.6.2_gcc4.6.2\share\octave\3.6.2\m\pkg\private\get_forge_pkg.m at line 69, column 9
> error:   D:\Portables\Octave3.6.2_gcc4.6.2\share\octave\3.6.2\m\pkg\pkg.m at line 523, column 29
> octave:21>

I attach the complete output of the Octave window.


My configuration:
Windows XP SP3 (German)
Octave installed in: D:\Portables\Octave3.6.2_gcc4.6.2


I have installed both 7z-archives from
http://sourceforge.net/projects/octave/files/Octave%20Windows%20binaries/Octave%203.6.2%20for%20Windows%20MinGW%20installer/ 
according to the "Manual installation instructions". Octave seems to
work ok.

Now I wanted to update the image package to the new version 2.

According to the dependencies mentioned, I installed the packages
general-1.3.2.tar.gz and signal-1.2.0.tar.gz, and also
miscellaneous-1.2.0.tar.gz and physicalconstants-1.0.0.tar.gz - all
without any error.

Trying to install image-2.0.0.tar.gz gives afore mentioned error message.

File "lo-cutils.h" (mentioned in the error message):
> line 50> OCTAVE_API pid_t
> line 51> octave_waitpid (pid_t pid, int *status, int options);

I thought that perhaps the updated packages must be "activated" and
loaded them (pkg load general, pkg load signal, pkg load windows), but
the error messages remains the same.

I also attach a screenshot of a directory including the directory tree
in the TEMP folder. This directory seems to contain files that are
mentioned in the error message. Some files have been left over from the
installations. The last attempt of installing image-2.0.0.tar.gz gave
directory "oct-14".


Being a very new user of Octave, I could have done something wrong, but
I rather think that there is some bug.
How can I help resolving this problem?
I have basic knowledge of programming and PCs.
I am a very new user of Octave, I installed it just one week ago. (I am
currently attending a lecture about image processing, and I would like
to use Octave for this purpose. Therefore the image package is important
for me.)

Thank you for your work on this great project!
Sorry for my bad English, it is not my native language.

Best wishes,
Gerald


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Monitor your physical, virtual and cloud infrastructure from a single
web console. Get in-depth insight into apps, servers, databases, vmware,
SAP, cloud infrastructure, etc. Download 30-day Free Trial.
Pricing starts from $795 for 25 servers or applications!
http://p.sf.net/sfu/zoho_dev2dev_nov
_______________________________________________
Octave-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/octave-dev

Octave image-2.0.0.tar.gz 20121115 cmd-log.txt.7z (8K) Download Attachment
Octave image-2.0.0.tar.gz 20121115 TEMP directory screenshot.png (17K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: "image-2.0.0.tar.gz" fails to install (Octave 3.6.2, Windows)

Carnë Draug-2
On 15 November 2012 14:33, Gerald Gmachmeir <[hidden email]> wrote:
> According to the dependencies mentioned, I installed the packages
> general-1.3.2.tar.gz and signal-1.2.0.tar.gz, and also
> miscellaneous-1.2.0.tar.gz and physicalconstants-1.0.0.tar.gz - all without
> any error.

The physicalconstants package is not necessary at all. It's not a
dependency of anything and if you look at it (just type "news
physicalconstants" at the octave prompt) you will see why it exists
even though it implements no function at all. You would do better
removing it and forget it existed.

> Trying to install image-2.0.0.tar.gz gives afore mentioned error message.
>
> File "lo-cutils.h" (mentioned in the error message):
>>
>> line 50> OCTAVE_API pid_t
>> line 51> octave_waitpid (pid_t pid, int *status, int options);

This problem seems to be specific to windows and reside somewhere in
octave core. There are indeed a lot of changes for the new version of
the image package but if you may have to wait until one of the devs
involved with windows prepare a new release of this package.

> I thought that perhaps the updated packages must be "activated" and loaded
> them (pkg load general, pkg load signal, pkg load windows), but the error
> messages remains the same.

No. Other packages are not necessary for the installation, no need to
actually load them before.

Carnë

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Monitor your physical, virtual and cloud infrastructure from a single
web console. Get in-depth insight into apps, servers, databases, vmware,
SAP, cloud infrastructure, etc. Download 30-day Free Trial.
Pricing starts from $795 for 25 servers or applications!
http://p.sf.net/sfu/zoho_dev2dev_nov
_______________________________________________
Octave-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/octave-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: "image-2.0.0.tar.gz" fails to install (Octave 3.6.2, Windows)

Gerald Gmachmeir

Hi,

On 15.11.2012 16:53, Carnë Draug wrote:

> On 15 November 2012 14:33, Gerald Gmachmeir <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> According to the dependencies mentioned, I installed the packages
>> general-1.3.2.tar.gz and signal-1.2.0.tar.gz, and also
>> miscellaneous-1.2.0.tar.gz and physicalconstants-1.0.0.tar.gz - all without
>> any error.
>
> The physicalconstants package is not necessary at all. It's not a
> dependency of anything and if you look at it (just type "news
> physicalconstants" at the octave prompt) you will see why it exists
> even though it implements no function at all. You would do better
> removing it and forget it existed.

OK, I will remove it.

>> Trying to install image-2.0.0.tar.gz gives afore mentioned error message.
>>
>> File "lo-cutils.h" (mentioned in the error message):
>>>
>>> line 50> OCTAVE_API pid_t
>>> line 51> octave_waitpid (pid_t pid, int *status, int options);
>
> This problem seems to be specific to windows and reside somewhere in
> octave core.

Bad to hear this ...

> There are indeed a lot of changes for the new version of
> the image package but if you may have to wait until one of the devs
> involved with windows prepare a new release of this package.

... I will wait.
... hopefully not to long ... I am currently learning image processing,
and it would be very nice to use the new version, because it has a lot
of changes and improvements.

>> I thought that perhaps the updated packages must be "activated" and loaded
>> them (pkg load general, pkg load signal, pkg load windows), but the error
>> messages remains the same.
>
> No. Other packages are not necessary for the installation, no need to
> actually load them before.

OK.
(I expected this behavour, but I wanted to be sure not to have missed
anything.)

> Carnë

THANK YOU for your very fast reply! A paid-for hotline could not be
faster than you!

Best wishes to you all,
Gerald


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Monitor your physical, virtual and cloud infrastructure from a single
web console. Get in-depth insight into apps, servers, databases, vmware,
SAP, cloud infrastructure, etc. Download 30-day Free Trial.
Pricing starts from $795 for 25 servers or applications!
http://p.sf.net/sfu/zoho_dev2dev_nov
_______________________________________________
Octave-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/octave-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: "image-2.0.0.tar.gz" fails to install (Octave 3.6.2, Windows)

Carnë Draug-2
On 15 November 2012 17:01, Gerald Gmachmeir <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 15.11.2012 16:53, Carnė Draug wrote:
>> There are indeed a lot of changes for the new version of
>> the image package but if you may have to wait until one of the devs
>> involved with windows prepare a new release of this package.
>
>
> ... I will wait.
> ... hopefully not to long ... I am currently learning image processing, and
> it would be very nice to use the new version, because it has a lot of
> changes and improvements.

Well, the really really non recommended way would be to just find
where your .m files of image package version 1.0.15 are and replace
all of them (except bwdist.m) with the ones from the image 2.0.0
version. This will cover most of the changes on the new version. The
changes that you won't see should be the new function bwlabeln and a
bug in bwfill (which you can workaround by always use
logical(bwlabel(x)) instead). It should work but is not pretty at all.

Carnë

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Monitor your physical, virtual and cloud infrastructure from a single
web console. Get in-depth insight into apps, servers, databases, vmware,
SAP, cloud infrastructure, etc. Download 30-day Free Trial.
Pricing starts from $795 for 25 servers or applications!
http://p.sf.net/sfu/zoho_dev2dev_nov
_______________________________________________
Octave-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/octave-dev