read_csv.m

CdeMills
Hello,
this is a script aimed at importing a CSV of similar file into Octave. Text processing is performed in an external PERL script, csv2octave, which should reside in a place Octave can find.

Comments welcome. The history was managed by cvs, I can send the corresponding files also.

Regards

Pascal
csv2oct
read_csv.m

read_csv.m

On 21-Jan-2009, Dupuis wrote:

| this is a script aimed at importing a CSV of similar file into Octave. Text
| processing is performed in an external PERL script, csv2octave, which should
| reside in a place Octave can find.

Why not use dlmread or csvread that is part of Octave now and that has
a Matlab compatible interface, and does not depend on external
scripts?

Re: read_csv.m

CdeMills

John W. Eaton-3 wrote
On 21-Jan-2009, Dupuis wrote:
Why not use dlmread or csvread that is part of Octave now and that has
a Matlab compatible interface, and does not depend on external
scripts?

jwe
John,
I'm realising I stayed way too long outside octave devel ... Some of the things I wrote because there were not available at the time of writing are now included in octave-forge. Congrat to all the peoples who took the time to integrate the code into octave.

Regards

Pascal