release status

Hunter H Marshall

Hi,

I use octave 1.1.1. What is the development status of octave?
Is there a newer version than 1.1.1? Has development stopped?

Thanks for any help.

        hunter

release status

John W. Eaton-6
Hunter H. Marshall <[hidden email]> wrote:

: I use octave 1.1.1. What is the development status of octave?
: Is there a newer version than 1.1.1? Has development stopped?

There isn't a newer released version yet, and I don't know when the
current sources will be ready to be called 1.2.  If you want to help
test pre-release versions and you have g++ 2.7.2, libg++ 2.7.1, quite
a bit of free disk space, and some free time, let me know.

Development has not stopped, but it was slowed down a bit for various
reasons in the last year (moving to Wisconsin last summer chewed up a
lot of time, and I've had to work on some other projects since then).

jwe