resetting factory settings

Diogo Carvalho
Hi, how does one reset every setting to factory default?

At one point I messed with the editor's fonts/sizes etc and now my cursor turned giant.
Uninstalling doesn't help.

Grateful for the attention,

Diogo Carvalho

Re: resetting factory settings

apjanke-floss

On 4/26/19 3:34 PM, Diogo Carvalho wrote:

> Hi, how does one reset every setting to factory default?
>
> At one point I messed with the editor's fonts/sizes etc and now my
> cursor turned giant.
> Uninstalling doesn't help.
>
> Grateful for the attention,
>
> Diogo Carvalho

What OS are you on?

If you are running the Octave GUI on macOS or Linux, the GUI settings
are found in $HOME/.config/octave, in files octave-gui.ini and
qt-settings. Uninstalling Octave does not remove these files. Try doing
`rm -rf ~/.config/octave` in a terminal and then restart Octave.

I don't know how to do the equivalent on Windows.

Cheers,
Andrew