running octave(GUI)

merci

Hi,

I’m currently a first year student in engineering school.

I’m trying to run octave (GUI) but I can’t. I’m able to install the application but when I start it the following message appears : « Impossible to find script file : octave.vbs »

I’ve tried to get some help on the internet but nothing.

Thak youfor your time and your help.

Best regards,

Florian LIMOUZIN.

Provenance : Courrier pour Windows 10

Garanti sans virus. www.avast.com

Re: running octave(GUI)

Ian McCallion
On Sat, 18 Apr 2020 at 14:52, merci <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

I’m currently a first year student in engineering school.

I’m trying to run octave (GUI) but I can’t. I’m able to install the application but when I start it the following message appears : « Impossible to find script file : octave.vbs »

I’ve tried to get some help on the internet but nothing.

You do not say which version of octave you installed, but I assume it was the latest version, Octave 5.2.0.

You should find octave.vbs where octave was installed. If you installed using the installer this will probably be in C:\octave\octave_5.2.0

If it's not there please provide more details on how you installed octave.

Cheers... Ian

Re: running octave(GUI)

Ian McCallion
On Sat, 18 Apr 2020 at 15:22, florian limouzin <[hidden email]> wrote:
It is actually the latest version of octave on Windows 64bits.
The octave.vbs should be in the same file but it doesn’t.
Another message appeared saying that octave wasn’t able to find the Java Runtime Environment.
I don’t know what it means.
Few weeks ago my computer did an update and the application doesn’t work anymore.

Florian LIMOUZIN

Le sam. 18 avr. 2020 à 16:07, Ian McCallion <[hidden email]> a écrit :
On Sat, 18 Apr 2020 at 14:52, merci <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

I’m currently a first year student in engineering school.

I’m trying to run octave (GUI) but I can’t. I’m able to install the application but when I start it the following message appears : « Impossible to find script file : octave.vbs »

I’ve tried to get some help on the internet but nothing.

You do not say which version of octave you installed, but I assume it was the latest version, Octave 5.2.0.

You should find octave.vbs where octave was installed. If you installed using the installer this will probably be in C:\octave\octave_5.2.0

If it's not there please provide more details on how you installed octave

Please reply to message using reply-all so that others can benefit from the conversation.

When replying please "bottom post" as I have done so that messages remain in time order.

> The octave.vbs should be in the same file but it doesn’t.

I suggest you uninstall all copies of octave on your computer and reinstall Octave and note where it is installed. Then look for octave.vbs in the octave install location.

> Another message appeared saying that octave wasn’t able to find the Java Runtime Environment.

If you need java you must install the 64bit version. This is not the default.

Cheers... Ian

Re: running octave(GUI)

Ian McCallion
On Sat, 18 Apr 2020 at 16:02, florian limouzin <[hidden email]> wrote:
Effecively, I haven’t removed the last version which was in my documents(don’t know why).
Thank you for your help. It works.

You are welcome. Ian