sign and mark does not show correctly

mehraz
Hi
 i'm a new user of Octave.I am using  the latest version of octave(5.2.0)
and window 10 x64.

I have some trouble to work with octave specially in symbolic package.

when i want to use symbolic package, some of sign and mark appear in
different way, like infinity sign that shows with oo or when i use matrix,
the sign of matrix is different
<https://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/t373696/2.png>
please help me solve these problems.
best regards, mehraz

Re: sign and mark does not show correctly

nrjank
On Wed, Mar 25, 2020 at 9:22 AM mehraz <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi
 i'm a new user of Octave.I am using  the latest version of octave(5.2.0)
and window 10 x64.

I have some trouble to work with octave specially in symbolic package.

when i want to use symbolic package, some of sign and mark appear in
different way, like infinity sign that shows with oo or when i use matrix,
the sign of matrix is different
<https://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/t373696/2.png>
please help me solve these problems.
best regards, mehraz

it's not clear from your question what your actual problem is.   What are you trying to do that is not working for you?

Re: sign and mark does not show correctly

nrjank

On Wed, Mar 25, 2020 at 12:29 PM GolD FalcoN <[hidden email]> wrote:
According to attached picture, my command windows has problems to show sign and Mark in symbolic package, my result is not clear, for example infinity sign show with oo and sqrt sign is not recognizable.

Please reply all so the mailing list stays  in the conversation. Also the convention on this list is to 'bottom post'.

So, the problem is that you don't like the way the toolbox displays math symbols within the limits of the ASCII terminal?  Is something actually not working?

Re: sign and mark does not show correctly

Mike Miller-4
On Wed, Mar 25, 2020 at 12:45:34 -0400, Nicholas Jankowski wrote:
> So, the problem is that you don't like the way the toolbox displays math
> symbols within the limits of the ASCII terminal?

Please take a look at `help sympref`, specifically the commands

    sympref display ascii

and

    sympref display unicode

I believe there are reasons why `ascii` is the default on Windows.

HTH,

Re: sign and mark does not show correctly

mehraz
Hi
i think my problem is related to ascii code.
how can i solve it?

On Wed, Mar 25, 2020, 3:38 PM mehraz <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi
i think my problem is related to ascii code.
how can i solve it?

Shat about Mikes suggestion of

>> sympref display unicode

Re: sign and mark does not show correctly

mehraz
hi
i dont know how to solve these problems
can u help me?

Re: sign and mark does not show correctly

Colin Macdonald-2
On 2020-03-25 12:43 p.m., mehraz wrote:
> i dont know how to solve these problems
> can u help me?

Do try Mike's suggestions.

You might also look here:

https://github.com/cbm755/octsympy/wiki/Notes-on-Windows-installation#i-want-nice-unicode-output

But I think its a bit technical (requires installing some new fonts
perhaps).

Re: sign and mark does not show correctly

mehraz