signal analysis

Paolo Ariano
dear all

i was using octave during my thesis for simulations and data analysis
and now i'm back to octave to try to analyse data but i need a starting
point ...

my data are from cell fluorescence and i need to perform analysis such
as clampfit:
Threshold Event Detection
Baseline adjustment, leak subtraction
Shape statistics

or neuromatic on igorpro:
Sorting, Scaling, Averaging, Interpolation
Max/Min/Mean/Level/Slope Measurements
Stability/Stationarity Analysis
Spontaneous Event Detection
Waveform Template Matching
Spike Raster Plots
Interspike-Interval and PeriStimulus Time (PST) Histograms

does somebody know how to start ?

thanks a lot
paolo
--
Neuroscience PhD
Post-doc @ University of Torino

Re: signal analysis

Muthiah Annamalai-3
Paolo Ariano wrote:

> dear all
>
> i was using octave during my thesis for simulations and data analysis
> and now i'm back to octave to try to analyse data but i need a starting
> point ...
>
> my data are from cell fluorescence and i need to perform analysis such
> as clampfit:
> Threshold Event Detection
> Baseline adjustment, leak subtraction
> Shape statistics
>
> or neuromatic on igorpro:
> Sorting, Scaling, Averaging, Interpolation
> Max/Min/Mean/Level/Slope Measurements
> Stability/Stationarity Analysis
> Spontaneous Event Detection
> Waveform Template Matching
> Spike Raster Plots
> Interspike-Interval and PeriStimulus Time (PST) Histograms

I think many functions from the Octave signal toolbox, and octave-forge
toolbox are useful for this purpose. I'm not familiar with the details
of the
spectrum analysis, apodization etc to help you here. A free software package
called fityk (unrelated to Octave) works for curve-fitting as applied to
spectrum analysis. Maybe you can look at that.

Best,
Muthu