strain is in core and the strings package

strain is in core and the strings package

bpabbott
Administrator
We've recently added a Matlab compatible strjoin() to Octave's core functions.  What should be done with the incompatible strjoin() in the strings package?

Ben

Re: strain is in core and the strings package

Carnë Draug-2
On 23 June 2013 08:10, Ben Abbott <[hidden email]> wrote:
> We've recently added a Matlab compatible strjoin() to Octave's core functions.  What should be done with the incompatible strjoin() in the strings package?

Nothing. The function was removed from the package as soon as it was
implemented in Octave [1]. If anything, someone needs to released the
strings package when the new Octave version is released.

Carnë

[1] http://sourceforge.net/p/octave/strings/ci/b269a39405892d0fd3b2bf88e3f22421402a8a46

On Jun 23, 2013, at 12:14 PM, Carnë Draug <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 23 June 2013 08:10, Ben Abbott <[hidden email]> wrote:
> We've recently added a Matlab compatible strjoin() to Octave's core functions. What should be done with the incompatible strjoin() in the strings package?

Nothing. The function was removed from the package as soon as it was
implemented in Octave [1]. If anything, someone needs to released the
strings package when the new Octave version is released.

Carnë

[1] http://sourceforge.net/p/octave/strings/ci/b269a39405892d0fd3b2bf88e3f22421402a8a46

Ok.  Thanks.  I misled myself by trusting the on-line docs to be an accurate reflection of the package contents.

http://octave.sourceforge.net/strings/overview.html

They docs obviously lag behind the developers sources.  My mistake.

Ben

Re: strain is in core and the strings package

c.-2

On 24 Jun 2013, at 03:14, Ben Abbott <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Ok.  Thanks.  I misled myself by trusting the on-line docs to be an accurate reflection of the package contents.
> http://octave.sourceforge.net/strings/overview.html
> They docs obviously lag behind the developers sources.  My mistake.

The docs are auto-generated when a package release is done, so they reflect the status of the latest RELEASED version of the package.

> Ben

c.