test this in matlab

Doug Stewart-4
I would like someone with matlab to run the following code in matlab and octave and compare the marker size.
I think the marker size is too small in octave. The point of pzmap is to show just the locations of the poles and zeroes so why not make them easy to see?
Thanks for your help.

s = tf('s');
 g = (s+1)/(s+2)/(s+3)
 pzmap(g);

--
DASCertificate for 206392

Re: test this in matlab

They are small on my monitor but not smaller than ordinary plots, same as other plots. Seems to be one pixel widel lines, it might resolution of monitors have increased over time, font in ordinary software like I write now is not small but with proper scaling more pixels is used to get same size but have no idea.

> I would like someone with matlab to run the following code in matlab and
> octave and compare the marker size.
> I think the marker size is too small in octave. The point of pzmap is to
> show just the locations of the poles and zeroes so why not make them easy
> to see?
> Thanks for your help.
>

> s = tf('s');
>  g = (s+1)/(s+2)/(s+3)
>  pzmap(g);
>
> --
> DAS[image: Certificate for 206392]
>
> <https://linuxcounter.net/user/206392.html>

Re: test this in matlab

Doug Stewart-4

On Thu, Feb 6, 2020 at 11:21 AM N <[hidden email]> wrote:
They are small on my monitor but not smaller than ordinary plots, same as other plots. Seems to be one pixel widel lines, it might resolution of monitors have increased over time, font in ordinary software like I write now is not small but with proper scaling more pixels is used to get same size but have no idea.

Thanks for  this.
Are they about the same in matlab and octave?

> I would like someone with matlab to run the following code in matlab and
> octave and compare the marker size.
> I think the marker size is too small in octave. The point of pzmap is to
> show just the locations of the poles and zeroes so why not make them easy
> to see?
> Thanks for your help.
>

> s = tf('s');
>  g = (s+1)/(s+2)/(s+3)
>  pzmap(g);
>
> --
> DAS[image: Certificate for 206392]
>
> <https://linuxcounter.net/user/206392.html>

--
DASCertificate for 206392

Re: test this in matlab

nrjank
On Thu, Feb 6, 2020 at 8:48 AM Doug Stewart <[hidden email]> wrote:
I would like someone with matlab to run the following code in matlab and octave and compare the marker size.

attached is an image with side by side comparisons of the code output figures in Matlab 2019a and Octave 5.1.0 with control pkg 3.2.0

the marks are a bit smaller, and note that the default plot ranges are different too.

Pzmapcompare.PNG

Re: test this in matlab

nrjank
On Thu, Feb 6, 2020 at 3:12 PM Nicholas Jankowski <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Thu, Feb 6, 2020 at 8:48 AM Doug Stewart <[hidden email]> wrote:
I would like someone with matlab to run the following code in matlab and octave and compare the marker size.

attached is an image with side by side comparisons of the code output figures in Matlab 2019a and Octave 5.1.0 with control pkg 3.2.0

the marks are a bit smaller, and note that the default plot ranges are different too.

obviously, Matlab also makes a unit assumption and puts that on the axis. not sure I agree with that, but it is different.

seems there shouldn't be a legend, either, as Octave's legend only shows x not O anyway.

Re: test this in matlab

Doug Stewart-4

On Thu, Feb 6, 2020 at 3:14 PM Nicholas Jankowski <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Thu, Feb 6, 2020 at 3:12 PM Nicholas Jankowski <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Thu, Feb 6, 2020 at 8:48 AM Doug Stewart <[hidden email]> wrote:
I would like someone with matlab to run the following code in matlab and octave and compare the marker size.

attached is an image with side by side comparisons of the code output figures in Matlab 2019a and Octave 5.1.0 with control pkg 3.2.0

the marks are a bit smaller, and note that the default plot ranges are different too.

obviously, Matlab also makes a unit assumption and puts that on the axis. not sure I agree with that, but it is different.

seems there shouldn't be a legend, either, as Octave's legend only shows x not O anyway.

Thanks Nicholas
I have a fix for the reported problems, and will send it to the bug report.
I have a fix for the legend.
I added the ability to set the markersize and I made the default size larger than what it was.
If anybody wants them smaller they can now do that.

--
DASCertificate for 206392