text backgroundcolor property does not work

text backgroundcolor property does not work

normad
Hi,

backgroundcolor property for text objects doesnt work for me on octave 3.8.2 on windows. color property works fine.

ps - This question seems fairly stupid compared to the other posts in the forum but i've got nowhere else to ask. I'm working on an algorithm for plant automation with robotic manipulators and i need to do a visual simulation of the algorithm to present it to my superiors. It has to look nice :/

Re: text backgroundcolor property does not work

Philip Nienhuis
normad wrote
Hi,

backgroundcolor property for text objects doesnt work for me on octave 3.8.2 on windows. color property works fine.
Did you try with octave-4.0.0-rc4? there's a release candidate for the windows installer available on
ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/octave/

If it still doesn't work with 4.0.0, file a bug report please
http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?group=octave

Philip

Re: text backgroundcolor property does not work

bpabbott
Administrator
> On May 27, 2015, at 5:33 AM, Philip Nienhuis <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> normad wrote
>> Hi,
>>
>> backgroundcolor property for text objects doesnt work for me on octave
>> 3.8.2 on windows. color property works fine.
>
> Did you try with octave-4.0.0-rc4? there's a release candidate for the
> windows installer available on
> ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/octave/
>
> If it still doesn't work with 4.0.0, file a bug report please
> http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?group=octave
>
> Philip

There is already a bug report for OpenGL. This was opened prior to the Qt toolkit. If any of these features are implemented for the Qt toolkit, then the bug report should be updated.

"text objects ignore backgroundcolor, linestyle, edgecolor"
https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?39692

Ben

Re: text backgroundcolor property does not work

normad

Just tried this on 4.00 on Windows and these functions are still not supported.

On Thu, 28 May 2015 5:43 am Ben Abbott <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On May 27, 2015, at 5:33 AM, Philip Nienhuis <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> normad wrote
>> Hi,
>>
>> backgroundcolor property for text objects doesnt work for me on octave
>> 3.8.2 on windows. color property works fine.
>
> Did you try with octave-4.0.0-rc4? there's a release candidate for the
> windows installer available on
> ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/octave/
>
> If it still doesn't work with 4.0.0, file a bug report please
> http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?group=octave
>
> Philip

There is already a bug report for OpenGL. This was opened prior to the Qt toolkit. If any of these features are implemented for the Qt toolkit, then the bug report should be updated.

"text objects ignore backgroundcolor, linestyle, edgecolor"
https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?39692

Ben

Re: text backgroundcolor property does not work

tmacchant

Re: text backgroundcolor property does not work

Pantxo

tmacchant wrote
>Just tried this on 4.00 on Windows and these functions are still not supported.

In octave community, bottom-posting is preferred.
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style)
Please keep community convention.

BTW, did you file the issue to the bug tracker as Philip suggested ?
(https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?group=octave)

After you file to the issue to the tracker, please show the tracker number or URL on this list.

Tatsuro

This bug was already reported. Any new element should preferably be added in the original report.

https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=39692

Pantxo