.vbs help

Andrew Michaelson
Hello,

I have tried installing the windows 64 version through the .exe and zip methods and keep getting "there is no script for file extension ".vbs". I have tried running from the command line using wscript.exe and i have enabled windows script host in regedit. What am i doing wrong?

Thank you,
Andrew

Re: .vbs help

siko1056
On 3/3/20 5:38 AM, Andrew Michaelson wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have tried installing the windows 64 version through the .exe and zip
> methods and keep getting "there is no script for file extension ".vbs".
> I have tried running from the command line using wscript.exe and i have
> enabled windows script host in regedit. What am i doing wrong?
>
> Thank you,
> Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Did you try the fix from StackOverflow [1,2]?  Sounds similar to your
fixing attempt.

Usually Octave works out of the box.  It seems that your system was
altered from a default MS Windows installation.  Do you work on a
private or managed PC?  Maybe some admin of your company restricted the
execution of vbs?

HTH,
Kai

[1]
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/17757248/error-there-is-no-script-engine-for-file-extension-vbs-when-using-git-bash
[2] https://i.postimg.cc/jS79DRrd/octave-vbs.png

Re: .vbs help

siko1056
On 3/4/20 4:51 AM, Andrew Michaelson wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 2, 2020 at 9:24 PM Kai Torben Ohlhus <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     On 3/3/20 5:38 AM, Andrew Michaelson wrote:
>     > Hello,
>     >
>     > I have tried installing the windows 64 version through the .exe
>     and zip
>     > methods and keep getting "there is no script for file extension
>     ".vbs".
>     > I have tried running from the command line using wscript.exe and i
>     have
>     > enabled windows script host in regedit. What am i doing wrong?
>     >
>     > Thank you,
>     > Andrew
>     >
>
>     Hi Andrew,
>
>     Did you try the fix from StackOverflow [1,2]?  Sounds similar to your
>     fixing attempt.
>
>     Usually Octave works out of the box.  It seems that your system was
>     altered from a default MS Windows installation.  Do you work on a
>     private or managed PC?  Maybe some admin of your company restricted the
>     execution of vbs?
>
>     HTH,
>     Kai
>
>     [1]
>     https://stackoverflow.com/questions/17757248/error-there-is-no-script-engine-for-file-extension-vbs-when-using-git-bash
>     [2] https://i.postimg.cc/jS79DRrd/octave-vbs.png
>
> Hi Kai,
>
> Yes, i have tried both of the supplied links. I am on a managed PC, I
> think you are right, our IT dept probably restricted VBS execution.
> Thank you for your help.
>
> Andrew

You're welcome.

Kai