version 4.4.1 64 bit executable installation file for windows 7

version 4.4.1 64 bit executable installation file for windows 7

Art Bruckheim
Please provide a link for this version of Octave

--
Art Bruckheim
703-801-9218

Re: version 4.4.1 64 bit executable installation file for windows 7

nrjank
As stated on the Octave download page, all windows versions can be found here:
https://ftpmirror.gnu.org/octave/windows/

On Sun, Jun 23, 2019 at 8:27 PM Art Bruckheim <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Please provide a link for this version of Octave
>
> --
> Art Bruckheim
> 703-801-9218

Re: version 4.4.1 64 bit executable installation file for windows 7

nrjank
On Thu, Jun 27, 2019, 12:50 PM Art Bruckheim <[hidden email]> wrote:
Nicholas:
I have successfully loaded version 4.4.1 although I did not get a shortcut on my desktop. What is the
executable file name used to launch Octave 4.4.1?
Anyhow I use a *.m file to launch. However, sometimes the >> prompt disappears and the system is hung up.
How do I get out of what seems like a loop? I can't close the file or exit the app.

(Please copy the help list on any emails.)

Did you use the executable file or zip archive to install?

There is an Octave.vbs file in the main folder that is the primary program launcher. The executable installer should have made shortcuts on your desktop.

How do you use an m file to launch?

I'm not really sure what you are doing when the system seems to get stuck so its tough to guess at what is wrong without knowing more.

Re: version 4.4.1 64 bit executable installation file for windows 7

nrjank
Didn't realize you dropped the help.list off the To list again. Please use Reply All, not reply. Copying the list here again.

On Thu, Jun 27, 2019, 2:54 PM Nicholas Jankowski <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Thu, Jun 27, 2019, 2:37 PM Art Bruckheim <[hidden email]> wrote:
I used the executable file not the zip archive. I found octave.vbs and made a shortcut. Thanks for your help.

I don't know why but if it didn't create the shortcuts it may not have done the rest of the post install setup.

From within octave, does

pkg list

Shoe you a long list of installed packages? If not try running

pkg rebuild

And then

pkg list

Second, in the same folder as the vbs file to start Octave, do you see a fc_update.bat file?  Running that will ensure that the font cache has been updated and reduce some long delays that might make you think the program has stalled.

Re: version 4.4.1 64 bit executable installation file for windows 7

nrjank

On Thu, Jun 27, 2019, 3:32 PM Art Bruckheim <[hidden email]> wrote:
this is the list of installed packages...is there more?
ackage Name         | Version | Installation directory

<snip>

No, that's fine. But PLEASE use reply all, stop replying to just me directly.

On Thu, Jun 27, 2019 at 15:37 Art Bruckheim <[hidden email]> wrote:
Sorry...I thought I did use supply all. So no need for the package rebuild? I ran the bat file(I think) as it just flashed on my screen for a second.

That should be it. If you still run into problems try to give some more details about what you’re doing when it happens