warning: ActiveX error trying to open or create file *.xls

warning: ActiveX error trying to open or create file *.xls

LucaLuca
hi,
i use xlswrite but i receive this error:

warning: ActiveX error trying to open or create file
c:/Titan/results/Equity/TitanStudioEquity.xls
sx

(i 've delete TitanStudioEquity.xls)

Re: warning: ActiveX error trying to open or create file *.xls

PhilipNienhuis
LucaLuca wrote
> hi,
> i use xlswrite but i receive this error:
>
> warning: ActiveX error trying to open or create file
> c:/Titan/results/Equity/TitanStudioEquity.xls
> sx
>
> (i 've delete TitanStudioEquity.xls)

Happy 2019, Luca.
As to the error, that's not a good way to end 2018 :-)

The info you give is a bit sparse. Have you tried to restart Octave, and to
restart your PC?
Sometimes hidden Excel invocations stay behind in case of ActiveX errors,
and those Excel processes can still keep a lock on files. Restating your PC
can help there, or killing all EXCEL.EXE processes you see in Task Manager
=> Processes.

If that doesn't help, please answer these Q:
- Which Octave release
- Which io package release
- exactly what commands you entered to arrive at the error message.

Thanks,

Philip

Re: warning: ActiveX error trying to open or create file *.xls

LucaLuca
This post was updated on .
thank you for answer and good 2019

i restar pc but the problem is the same

Octave Release: 4.4.1 (i try also 4.0.3 but not solve)
system Operative: windows 10 home

Package release :
i don't know what release it is but i load this package using this
instruction:
pkg load windows
pkg load io

****************************
i execute this command:

rstatus=xlswrite(nomeFileExcel,string,nomeFoglio,strCompletaData);

description variable:
nomeFileExcel = c:/Titan/results/Equity/TitanStudioEquity.xlsx
nomeFoglio = StudioFiltri_Rendimenti
str1 =
{
  [1,1] = DATA PRINT : 01-Jan-2019 12:37:11
  [2,1] = ***************BACKTESTING FULL PERIOD**********************  -
GapCloseSystem On
}

strCompletaData0 = A1:A2

***************************************
Message error:

釛warning: ActiveX error trying to open or create file
c:/Titan/results/Equity/TitanStudioEquity.xl
sx
error: element number 3 undefined in return list
error: called from
    xlsopen at line 287 column 30
    xlswrite at line 205 column 9
    TitanWriteExcel4 at line 106 column 8
    TitanPrintEquity at line 8 column 1

Attention: i execute this code in pc more power (desktop ) and it is all Okey
                problem is in laptop 8 giga ram i5 processor

Re: warning: ActiveX error trying to open or create file *.xls

LucaLuca
This post was updated on .
maybe I found the solution:
I have used .xls files instead of .xlsx and now it does not give me the
error

(now i use office 2016)