warning: the 'boundary' function is not yet implemented in Octave

warning: the 'boundary' function is not yet implemented in Octave

rezwan52
Hi,

I am new to Octave. I am using Octave 5.2.0.

I wanted to run a Matlab code in Octave and got the mentioned warning
message.

my function was:  function [phi,neff] = svmodes (lambda, guess, nmodes, dx,
dy, ...
                               eps, boundary, field);
                          boundary = upper(boundary);

I got the error in the "boundary" command.

Any suggestions, please?

Re: warning: the 'boundary' function is not yet implemented in Octave

Ian McCallion
On Tuesday, 21 April 2020, rezwan52 <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I am new to Octave. I am using Octave 5.2.0.

I wanted to run a Matlab code in Octave and got the mentioned warning message.

my function was:  function [phi,neff] = svmodes (lambda, guess, nmodes, dx, dy, ...
                               eps, boundary, field);
                          boundary = upper(boundary);

I got the error in the "boundary" command.

Any suggestions, please?

 Are you sure you called svmode correctly? If nothing is passed in for 'boundary' the call will succeed, but boundary will be undefined inside svmode.

The warning is merely octave trying to be helpful.

Cheers... Ian

Re: warning: the 'boundary' function is not yet implemented in Octave

Ian McCallion
On Wed, 22 Apr 2020 at 14:24, Md. Rezwan Islam Munar <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Ian,

Thanks for your suggestion. My boundary condition was wrong.

I was concerned about the warning message. Thanks for the clarification about the warning message.

Best regards
Rezwan

You are welcome. Please note:
1. Always use "reply all" or cc [hidden email] in your replies to messages. to ensure the full conversation is archived for others to benefit from it.

Cheers... Ian